Wanted! Dry flies

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Need some dry flies of various types, loads of bits to swap or name your price

Thanks all

Miggers

Forager
Dec 31, 2006
Oxford
Hi Pignut

Do mean artificial flies for fishing? Not the dead ones that sit on the inside of shed windows... :)

I tie my own and always have spares... PM me your address and I will stick a dozen in the post gratis!

Peter

Pignut

Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Miggers said:
Hi Pignut

Do mean artificial flies for fishing? Not the dead ones that sit on the inside of shed windows... :)

I tie my own and always have spares... PM me your address and I will stick a dozen in the post gratis!

Peter

Thank you! you have PM and rep! (Or you would if it worked!)

Thanks again

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Miggers said:
Hi Pignut

Peter
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Reminds me of the joke about the Irishman who went into a pet shop and said "I'd like to buy a wasp!" The salesman replies " Sorry sir, we don't sell them". So the Irishman retorts "But you have loads in the window!"

Pignut, I've got a case of flies somewhere from long ago - if I can find them in reasonable time you can have them too.

ATB

Ogri the trog

Pignut

Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Ogri the trog said:
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Reminds me of the joke about the Irishman who went into a pet shop and said "I'd like to buy a wasp!" The salesman replies " Sorry sir, we don't sell them". So the Irishman retorts "But you have loads in the window!"

Pignut, I've got a case of flies somewhere from long ago - if I can find them in reasonable time you can have them too.

ATB

Ogri the trog

A true gent!!

Yet more proof of the nature of the people on this site!

A

Alex Thorneycroft-Taylor

Miggers said:
I tie my own and always have spares

I also tie my own - but have no specific patterns and don't even fish at the moment :dunno: I just use it to while away an evening!

I would be really interested to see what you tie, and the materials you use etc Do you catch with yours?

Thanks
A

Andy J

Forager
Oct 28, 2006
north wales
Just a quck note to say thanks to Miggers. The flies arived this morning, Thank you very much! Your a true Gent, and also very skilled to tie such great looking ties. Hopefully will try a water near here next weekend, and will et you know how I geton... Thanks again, Andy.. :You_Rock_

Miggers

Forager
Dec 31, 2006
Oxford
Thanks Andy

Good luck with them. I look forward to a full report.

They are pretty easy to tie, my big problem is speed. I take about 10 times as long as the 'professionals'. My wife can't be around me when I do them either... the air can go pretty blue...

Hi Alex - I can only tie when I can fish, I struggle finding the time to just tie them to fill my boxes.

Where I fish I tie 3 basic patterns, Pheasant Tail Nymphs, Olives and Hawthorns. I used to tie loads of different ones when I started out but one lacks the consistency from lack of practise.

Best wishes, Pete

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE