Wales Precision Camping

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk
Opportunities are few and far between to get out and about atm, but I may have one coming up and need some help with planning.

I have a training day on a Friday in November which starts at 8am in Swansea. I need to stay somewhere local the night before so I thought I would squeeze in a day's bushcraft on the Thursday, sleep outdoors then head for my seminar - could get there by lunchtime, play in the 4-5hrs of daylight remaining, bed down ready to break camp in the dark the next morning around 7.00. Ambitious I know, but needs must.

I'll need to grab a shower before I head in. And since I'll be breaking camp in the dark I don't want to be in terrain too challenging - a good 'bushcrafty' campsite might be ideal (with trees for hammocking).

So what are your thoughts on:
Wild-ish hammock camping within 45mins drive of Swansea.
Campsite/service station with shower on the way in.
Is this just unrealistic, I could just spend the afternoon in the Beacons and head for a guesthouse, but where's the fun in that?

Zammo

Settler
Jul 29, 2006
London
You could camp somewhere in the Mumbles, which is pretty close to Swansea and has loads of secluded places you could camp, according to my sister anyhow.

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk
Guys, you all rock. Awesome. Spikey (and Nat) have it. If anyone's there on the 15th, drop me a line.

Can't thank you enough.

Zammo

Settler
Jul 29, 2006
London
Theres also Bishops wood, which is a little closer.

http://www.swansea.gov.uk/index.cfm?articleid=12104

You could then go and have an outdoor shower at Caswell Bay, the shower is next to the public toilets opposite the beach and has handy carpark near. Or you could take the more comfotable option and use the showers at the national swimming pool, which is on the main road back (Oyster Mouth Road) into Swansea next to the Uni, will cost you the price of a swim though.

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk
Thanks Zammo,
I phoned the other place and they shut their shower block down for winter this weekend, so that might be the best option!
Thanks again.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE