Volunteering for a local scout troop

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

resnikov

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
In a right dilemma now as to which cub group to help out:confused::confused:
Both are local but one is walking distance the other I would have to drive.
One has a cub pack, no beaver colony and needs the helpers, the other is looking to open its 2nd Cub and Beaver units plus they need Scout leaders as of Sept.

Manacles

Settler
Jan 27, 2011
No longer active on BCUK
In a right dilemma now as to which cub group to help out:confused::confused:
Both are local but one is walking distance the other I would have to drive.
One has a cub pack, no beaver colony and needs the helpers, the other is looking to open its 2nd Cub and Beaver units plus they need Scout leaders as of Sept.

It really comes down to the activities of each group. I am a Scout leader and really prefer working with slighter older kids. Madame Manacles used to be a Cub Leader so I've seen both sides. For outdoors stuff I tend towards Scout and Explorers for being that bit more adventurous, but you have to balance that with Cubs being at an age where they are very inquisitive and eager to learn. Tough choices...........

The personalities of the Leaders also comes into it, you need to work with these guys so being comfortable and trusting them is very important as well:)

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
The personalities of the Leaders also comes into it, you need to work with these guys so being comfortable and trusting them is very important as well:)

Consider this when choosing, as drawing and colouring in can be boring and some Leaders are more inclined towards that sort of thing.
For me its :campfire::camping: and sharp tools others go for :canoe: etc etc.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE