UK supplier of a Mors Pot?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Convinced the wife to get me the 1.8l Mors pot for Christmas, and I have dropped enough hints to my parents that I need a 750cl titanium pot for the odd day bimble:)

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
Did anyone get a Mors pot from the states in the end? If so how much was the cost door to door in the end? It seemed to me that postage, duty and handling really knocked the value out of this item if you ended up paying it all. which is a shame as by the looks of it, it is a better pot than a Zebra.

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Did anyone get a Mors pot from the states in the end? If so how much was the cost door to door in the end? It seemed to me that postage, duty and handling really knocked the value out of this item if you ended up paying it all. which is a shame as by the looks of it, it is a better pot than a Zebra.

About £38 for me. Its an ok pot but it aint worth that sort of cash imho.

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire

I ordered one from the U.S. and paid fourteen quid on top of the cost and shipping due to the lovelies at Customs and Excise. I like it. It is better than the anodised alloy version that you can get, though a little heavier, but it is well made, has decently thought-out features, a sensible capacity and is stainless steel. It is a huge improvement on the Zebra pots, in my opinion.

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
It makes you wonder why Uncle Ray has not got the same or a similar design available amongst his cooking gear section on his Woodlore site. I think if he priced them right he could make a pot like the Mors pot very popular in the UK.

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
It makes you wonder why Uncle Ray has not got the same or a similar design available amongst his cooking gear section on his Woodlore site. I think if he priced them right he could make a pot like the Mors pot very popular in the UK.

Absolutely. His name would guarantee sales and should therefore find a U.K.-based metalworks willing to bash them out for a reasonable price. But it seems that His Ray-ness does rather like the Zebra pots...

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I had no prob's with getting my mor's pot for fourdogs, topman. or something like this in the uk.
http://www.civilwarsutler.co.uk/products/soldiers-mess-equipment/mucket

Topknot

I ve got a Murket and like it, if there was something I would change it would be the handle, but thats more moden then a fixed handle, I may buy another, take a cheep ali italian cursader mug for a couple of quid that I got in a bulk buy.. think i still have one left...remove the handle and rivit it on the murket :).. job done

Or if your havdy with a bit of wire, and a pair of pilers just make a handle :)

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
I just bought a Mucket from the TORM and tried it out over the weekend and i really like it, I got it from the people who came to the TORM, I got it in Stainless. I will probably try out the Mors pot in 1.8litre but not this month, I do want to try it out I have seriously fallen out with my zerbra pots even though I still will keep my MSR stowaway pot which i like the main problem I had with the zebra was the loos lid and it was heavy for the size. I have tried many different pots in my time and I have my favourites for various uses.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE