Two Birds and One Stoned

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Are you interested in the meet

• yes

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'll know nearer the dates

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
At the moment this is just to guage interest.

Would anyone be interested in a Midlands Meet held to coincide with The outdoors Show? This would set the date for the weekend 27 - 29 March 2009.

I haven't spoken to the site we use yet so this is still at the initial thought stage.
If this does go the distance the camp fees will not include entrance to the show!

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Hmmmm let me think :rolleyes: ...... Yes I'd definately be interested :D

First time I do a poll and I stuff it up by double posting - one with and one without :confused: - Could a Mod please remove this one (or amalgamate it?) and leave the other in place.
Thanks in advance.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
two posts, ones stoned?

:lmao:
scared0016.gif

Humpback

On a new journey
Dec 10, 2006
1/4 mile from Bramley End.
Yes, I like those dates as I can make that weekend.

PS I know theres a meet this w/e (which I can't make) but would it be possible to have another in between these two, during the winter months as I should like to try out my very cold (uk) kit close to home?
Alan

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Yes, I like those dates as I can make that weekend.

Remind me at the next one you come to that you're £2.80 in credit - I've remembered so far but ...

... would it be possible to have another in between these two, during the winter months as I should like to try out my very cold (uk) kit close to home?

It's my intention to get at least one more in before then :D .

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I've just realised that the poll isn't showing who's responded. I'd marked it as public and multi-choice, so's to avoid doing a Meet list - lazyness, I know :eek: .

A more in depth explanation of the thought behind the idea.

The inspiration for this idea can be put down, in part, to the comments made in past outdoor show threads about the distances some have had to travel in one day. The main 'nudge' came from a post from Lurch; who posted a question about the availability of camping reasonably close to the NEC - so I've been sitting on this idea for a while now :rolleyes: . The site we use for the Midlands Meets is about 10 miles from the NEC :D - at the moment site fees are £3.60 per person per night and although that might go up in the new year, it's a whole lot cheaper than booking into a hotel. It would also mean that some of that nice new kit could be put to (almost) instananeous use - or you could even see what folk have bought and think ...

Sticking yourself on the list isn't commiting yourself to coming along.

Show of interest list:

decorum
Humpback
Mesquite
woodstock

Copy and paste yada,yada ... . And if you could do it alphabetically that'd be great.

EDIT:

There's no compunction to go to the show. If you'd like to come along to the Meet and just chill all weekend that's absolutely fine.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Whilst at the Midlands Meet (held over the weekend of 26 - 28 September 2008) I took the opportunity to have a bit of a natter to the bookings secretary - we've got the go ahead for this Meet :D . Because this is being set up as a Meet with the opportunity to toddle off to the 2009 outdoor show at the NEC the Meet date is set in stone. To date our Meets have run from Friday to Sunday, to allow better access to the show I'm hoping to get permission to arrive on site on the Thursday afternoon/evening.

To allow access for other users of the site there has been a limit of 100 put in place - this is solely due to parking places. Because our numbers will be limited I will, initially, hold a place open for those members who have already come along to a Midlands Meet (October '07 - September '08) and also to those who have, as of 17:00 on 29 September 2008, already expressed an interest withinin this thread.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE