tripod , wild britain

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
Any good quality brand of tripod wil do you it depends on what features you want not what Ray wants.

My Slik 500DX pro is great and was a great price too. How high do you need it to be do you have a wieht limit or is the item its to support rather heavy

nodd

Nomad
May 12, 2004
liverpool
Any good quality brand of tripod wil do you it depends on what features you want not what Ray wants.

My Slik 500DX pro is great and was a great price too. How high do you need it to be do you have a wieht limit or is the item its to support rather heavy

I agree there , I went for a Giottos MTL9351B with a three way head, found it to be a great for what I need using it for both photography and for my spotting scope when bird watching , a real unsung gem of a tripod IMHO http://www.giottos-tripods.co.uk/index.php?page=productpage&cat=49130e801a374&product=49185f7ddd445

Last edited:

backwoodsman

Nomad
Jan 22, 2007
lincolshire
thanks all... oooh no im not a £500 ray knife or £350 extra pocket swazi man,,, i just had not seen one that could set up so low to the ground before, now i see there is a few of them about in the shops,
l need it for photography, a light weight dslr at chest height and also low down for some spotting scope work, a optolyth draw type, its not heavy though.Also a bit of macro photography , what would be best? also ball head or 3 way??? thanks for your help. Happy new year

Last edited:

backwoodsman

Nomad
Jan 22, 2007
lincolshire
just seen a good deal with a voucher code for a manfrotto 190pro, centre colum rotates 90', the giottos 180' do you find you ever swing it past the 90' ?
i thought this was a good idea for macro work

nodd

Nomad
May 12, 2004
liverpool
It is a feature that comes in handy some times as you say for macro work you can also revers the centre column . Its Like all these things its personal preference the Giottos seemed to tick all the boxes that I wanted at what I thought was a good price. I bought the Giottos MTL9351B + MH5011 Tripod Kit which has a lighter three way head.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE