Compact Tripod

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

WildernessSauce

Jun 15, 2022
Newcastle upon Tyne
Hello all.

I'm just wondering what everyone's using in the way of compact tripods for video. My YouTube shenanigans haven't needed one until recently, but I'm expanding my horizons a bit and feel I now very much do need one. I have a small Me Photo tripod that goes in my hand luggage with my SLR when I'm travelling, but I want to keep my bag as light as possible when going out for overnighters.

I've had some pretty bad experiences with Gorillapods, so I'm looking for something a little more robust, probably half way between a desk top tripod and a traditional travel tripod.

Any pics or suggestions are very much welcome.

Cheers.

WildernessSauce

Jun 15, 2022
Newcastle upon Tyne
Choice somewhat depends upon the weight of your camera and lens * how high you may want to use the tripod.
These look to be a good make and have had good reveiws

Thanks. Good shout, and you're right, I probably should have given a few more details.

I have a MeFoto Roadtrip that is 390mm when folded, which is great for hand luggage, but a little too big for my rucksack. It's similar to the 3 Legged Thing Corey. I also have a Manfrotto Pixi, which is tiny. Really, I'm looking for something in between the two to use with a GoPro.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE