Tree and their wood books

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stuart1983

Aug 23, 2006
Northumberland
Begin a complete beginner would it be possible for someone to tell me where i could find resources and/or recommend books on different tree types, how to identify them and the different uses of their woods.
Many thanks :rolleyes:

leon-1

Hi Stuart, if you would like to look in the links only section of resources there are a number of online databases for plants recognition and ID.

Collins Gem do a good handbook if I can find mine I'll edit this post with an ISBN number.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
The Collins Guide "How to Identify Trees" by Patrick Harding and Gill Tomblin ISBN no 0 00 2200678 is a great place to start Stuart - about A5 in size so easy to slip into you pack - lots of good illustrations

Red

Laurence Dell

Forager
Aug 24, 2004
Sevenoaks, Kent
Stuart1983 said:
Begin a complete beginner would it be possible for someone to tell me where i could find resources and/or recommend books on different tree types, how to identify them and the different uses of their woods.
Many thanks :rolleyes:

Hi Stuart
have a look at this old thread that I started a while back there are some really good reccomendations in there from people.

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/community/showthread.php?t=8843

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE