Trangia Triangle

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
They have been available for a while in the UK, they sell for around £20. Clickstand have been doing the same for years, nothing new here at all.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
They have been available for a while in the UK, they sell for around £20. Clickstand have been doing the same for years, nothing new here at all.

I have only just found them :) They have not even made the Trangia catalogue yet (they gave me a new one at the OTS - it was not in it) - it looks like Trangia saw that someone was producing good kit and decided Trangia should make their own small stand. I have not tried the click stand but yes - it looks similar. I reviewed the official Trangia version.
As to You Tube - I did not realise it was a sales arena - I thought that was e-bay ...You Tube!
Home made versions may be cheaper but do you have the security of knowing that a reputable manufacturer is behind the product...?

nolightweight

Jun 16, 2009
East Midlands
Good review John :)

Used mine at the last Rough Close meet with no problems at all and happily re packed it for a trip next week.

Very light and compact. Ideal for day walks and over night trips.

satosato

Forager
May 29, 2009
London
Just bought one after reading this thread! I love my Trangia and occasionally I use the 4 sided Honeystove with the burner but the Honeystove doesn't accomodate the gas burner. Thanks again guys for the heads up :).

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I love my Trangia's and got a medal lol]

RikCoin2.jpg

Stove collectors way of saying shut the fluck up about Trangia's I think

On sale here
http://www.jackson-sports.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=8112

Andy T

Settler
Sep 8, 2010
Stoke on Trent.
I didnt say that there are cheaper versions to buy on you tube what i was attempting to convey, although it was obviously not understood by some, was that there are some good alternative versions of this idea on you tube, which are very simple to make, every bit as good, and work out alot cheaper to make than to buy. Personally i get more satisfaction from using something i have made, adapted or recycled myself rather than buying it, and after all isn't that an integral part of this whole pastime/lifestyle that we enjoy ? With regards to the stand coming from a reputable supplier or not, it is, after all, only three pieces of sheet metal, and i am sure that the vast majority of this sites members would be more than capable of producing a very good and very safe working stand.

Last edited:

Andy T

Settler
Sep 8, 2010
Stoke on Trent.
i am sorry i dont know how to post url's or whatever they are called but if you go into you tube and look for......" DIY Trangia stove for army canteen cup "......theres a cracking little stand on there ........light, folds flat and its easy to make. This one is, i think, the civvy version but it would be very easy to make it a little larger for the army version, and of course it's not just for the canteen cup.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
You could opt for the 'westwind' setup. The little setup with the US army mug looks cute and I've tried the US mug and stand with hexi fuel.

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
The Westwind is all but useless without an additional windshield if there's any air movement at all. The DIY jobby in the u2b vid, however, looks good and I'll be seeing if it can be adapted to take something like an Eta 1ltr pot.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
The Westwind is all but useless without an additional windshield if there's any air movement at all. The DIY jobby in the u2b vid, however, looks good and I'll be seeing if it can be adapted to take something like an Eta 1ltr pot.

Seems do-able, don't see the point but seems do-able. I've got a clickstand somewhere is you want it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE