Trangia duossal? Is it worth the weight?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mike8472

Jul 28, 2009
west yorkshire
I have a 27-2ul trangia set.
I saw there is a seller on ebay selling the inner and outer pans in duossal for both 27 and 25 cooksets. I was wondering if it was worth the investment as they are quite expensive in comparrison to standard trangia pans.
I remeber vaguely people used to rave about them about 10yrs ago or so;untill they were discontinued.

Is the hype true are they superior to the standard aluminium pans? Durability and maintenance etc?
Are they worth lugging around the extra weight compared to standard ul aluminium pans?

Last edited:

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
They are heavier also.
Durability? My Aluminium set, more than 30 years old, is dented, scratched, sooty. But it works just as well as it did when new.

The only part that has been replaced a couple of times is the rubber o-ring.

Nohoval_Turrets

Sep 28, 2004
Ireland
Duossal is good stuff, but if you already have Trangia pots they're probably not worth the upgrade. [Hypocrite alert, I have 4 Trangia sets...]

Duossal heats very evenly, so you don't get hotspots and burning. But the UL sets are pretty good that way too, so with a bit of care it's just as good.

Duossal is easier to clean, but it's not like the alu sets are especially difficult either.

Against duossal is the weight and expense, both of which are considerable. If I'm car camping I bring duossal becuase it's nice to use. I had Duossal first (my first set is 15+ years old I think), but in your position I don't think I'd be shelling out for it now.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE