tough cheap folder?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
I'm forever knackering the edge on my mora (folding or chipping it) - then spending ages regrinding the edge to get it back to woodcarving condition. Usually I do the damage when reaching for a knife amidst some diy job.

It would be sensible to have a cheap folder, with a tough edge, to use. An opinel would do, but I'd rather an EDC-legal slipjoint. I'd like it to be tougher than a SAK.

Sodbuster is one that comes to mind - but I have no idea what the edge or steel is like.

demographic

Apr 15, 2005
-------------
If your consistently folding the edge whilst woodworking I would say its ground to too acute an angle.
That's how it works with handplane and chisel blades anyway

mrcharly

Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
I've not been clear; I keep using my mora (because it is sharp and handy) to do things that it isn't meant for. Like trimming the plastic punchthroughs on pattress boxes, or cutting carpet. General DIY stuff.

So I want a pocketknife that I can drop in my pocket, always have on me and not worry about damaging.

Robbi

Banned
Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
STA010855.jpg

NS40

Nomad
Nov 20, 2011
Scotland
I bought a Lansky World Legal slipjoint a few weeks back. So far I've been really impressed with it. Cost around £16, absolutely bombproof, literally shaving sharp out of the box (I still have a slight bald patch on my forearm), solid blade and very solid 2 stage slipjoint action. It has a belt clip that can be unscrewed and worn in 4 positions. Blade shape seems a bit curious at first (has a slight scary tactical look) but it's serving me really well so far.

lansky-world-legal-folding-knife.-[2]-2268-p.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE