The North Face ,Hyvent Hiker Hat

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
I tend to get burned really badly and i dont wear sun screen so i want a big hat. :)
Anyone have a NF Hyvent Hiker or recommend an alternative hat ?
Something i can stuff in my pack or gun case.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
how about a barmah bush hat. made from suede, mine is pretty waterproof and very comfortable. it also squashes up into a small bag for packing.

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
Graham_S said:
how about a barmah bush hat. made from suede, mine is pretty waterproof and very comfortable. it also squashes up into a small bag for packing.

I like the look of these ,any UK stockists ?

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
CLEM said:
How about a boonie hat of some type. :)

I have been using a boonie but it's a little small ,i liked the NF hat because you can fold the sides up but when down it look slike it would give good protection.

Rhodri

Forager
Nov 12, 2004
Suffolk
Justin Time said:
Tilley hats are worth a look as well.

I'd second that. Comfortable and very well made - tough as old boots. Can get a bit stinky after a couple of weeks of hard use but you can just bung it in the washing machine. Some think they're a bit expensive for what they are. IMHO they're good value - I can't imagine how it would get damaged, short of setting it alight!

isotonicpies

Tenderfoot
Jul 28, 2005
An leather Australian-style hat is the type I use. Wide brim & fully waterproof. Doesn't pack that well though, I just squash it flat and make do with the creases.

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
Rhodri said:
I'd second that. Comfortable and very well made - tough as old boots. Can get a bit stinky after a couple of weeks of hard use but you can just bung it in the washing machine. Some think they're a bit expensive for what they are. IMHO they're good value - I can't imagine how it would get damaged, short of setting it alight!

I'll third that. :) Got a couple,one for rain and for sun.
http://www.tilleyuk.com/thumbnail.asp?gender=&extractBy=CategoryId&id=1

They even float.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE