The Bear Grylls knife for a bargain price of £350

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
It's all a question of disposable income really, if you have a high level of disposable income (which these days not many have) then a £200 - £300 knife or other price of equipment can be justified, if you can afford it get it, if you can't don't, 12 months ago i didnt baulk at spending £200.00 on a knife, now i question myself over the purchase of a £10.00 Clipper:(

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
I guess it depends on how much £200 is to you, now to me that kind of money is more than I have spent on all of the wild camping/bushcraft gear I have bought in the last 4 years. However, I’d spend it on a seven day moot for me and my family, and at the end of it be left with “only” the new skills learnt and fantastic memories . I work with people who earn that in 4 hours, and they think nothing on spending that kind of money on a phone they will replace when the next one comes out (4 to 6 months)

£200 for a Stuart Mitchell knife, is a bargain, same goes for most of the knife makers that visit this site, but the same kind of money for a machine made knife is less of a bargain. I’ve not handled the knife in question, but from what I have read it is entirely suited to he whom has endorsed it:rolleyes:

stanley lake

Forager
May 15, 2007
NORTH EAST
nice knife but for £350:eek: i be rather frightened to use it as it should be in case i broke it or even worse lost it in the jungle i rather think it will be confined to the show Cabernet with the intention of keeping its £350 value in tack. but still if your happy with it enjoy it :)

Rob Tangtent

Tenderfoot
Feb 20, 2009
Warwickshire
ok... i realise he isnt as good at bushcraft as RM
but i wish you guys would give him a break... he has done alot more than most of u guys
also i think the way in which you critisize hium is abit meen... cos from what i have read RM was banging on about how hes "a boy scout" and how his show has saved lives where as bears will kill more people or something. Also to respond to this Bear was just saying that Rm was "probably tougher" and didnt want to get into a "silly catfight"
There both as bad as each other really
but i didnt want the whole Ray vs Bear thing i just wished you guys would stop joking about him, to be honest it wasnt really funny the first time you made jokes about him.
sorry to rant it just really annoys me.

Wilderbeast

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 9, 2008
Essex-Cardiff
going back onto topic...........I'm actually pleasantly surprised by the knife, not sure about secondary bevel though, and don't say "oooooh look at that price tag what a rip off" , everyone knew it was going to cost that much, we see it with Rays and Mors's knives although I'd rather have one of theirs!

traderran

Settler
May 6, 2007
TEXAS USA
(Disclaimer I am not now nor will I ever be a BG fan)
Bayley Makes some great knives. I had a chance to Handel one
of the bg knives fit and finish are good and good steel
Would I spend 350pounds on one no.
I can get a Randall in that price range and know I will get a great knife

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE