Tension Trays, ***Photo Heavy***

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I made this thread years ago, but I tidied up the willows in the garden last week and I'm looking at the snash and wondering what to do with it.
I minded this thread, but, y'know, useful though they might be, I thought surely there's something else....and I was on Pinterest looking for something else, and up came this lady's feed.....and I love what she has made of the willow she has :) It's processed, called buffs, which is boiled/steamed and the bark is removed...but the work is lovely, and her video is clear :)

I know it's a commercial site, but anyone who makes can pick up so much detail :) A good one to sit down with a mug of coffee.

M

1713606729525.png

Last edited:

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I'd like to have a go at making one of those tension trays. They dont look too difficult, I just need some willow, I'll have a chat with my local basket maker next week, get some willow , and have an attempt at it.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I'd like to have a go at making one of those tension trays. They dont look too difficult, I just need some willow, I'll have a chat with my local basket maker next week, get some willow , and have an attempt at it.

They are so very simple to make, and you can use other materials too. Dock stems....which are sort of waxy and don't taint if you use them for fish....Iris, reedmace, etc.,

Useful things too :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE