TARP or TENT?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

What should I take?

• Definately go with the tent you never know who is about.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • Hell girl enjoy the freedom and tarp it.

Votes: 59 59.0%
  • Sorry am a hairy bloke and can't answer that for you

Votes: 22 22.0%

• Total voters

redcollective

Settler
Dec 31, 2004
West Yorkshire
Swarley said:
So the hubby and I are booked onto the RM fundamental course which I am really looking forward to. However I am unsure whether being of the girly persuation if I should go with just my bivvy / tarp or if on this occasion I would be better with a tent for privacy since I have no idea who else will be there, let alone any other woman. Any thoughts?

Take a couple of tarps - you and hubby will be able to get a secluded spot just mention it when you arrive - the folk who run these courses are very accomodating of women as they get so few and want to encourage them to come and feel comfortable. So don't sweat it. If the camp is in the same spot I went then they'll have set up a bush shower for everyone to use which is well hidden too.

Just don't sleep under the yews - nice level pitch for your bivy but a bloody vole ate my 'emergency' mars bar and gnawed a hole in my Sabre 45 to get at it LOL - oh yeh that and the wierd dreams - what is it about sleeping under Yews?

Mar 29, 2007
by yon bonnie braes
torjusg said:
What do you need privacy for? It could get Ray Mears hang around for a little longer than I have heard he usually does... :naughty:

Hahahaha!!!!! I never thought of that, in that case I'll definately leave the tent behind.

Spamel - 3 kids would do that, thats why I have cats.

to be honest, I think I'd be tempted to take both. A tent is great for privacy when in a group, let's face it changing, washing intimatley, privacy is all best in a tent when in a group of strangers and a tarp is great for cooking and other admin. sometimes in a group I need my space and sometimes a tent is just nice to crawl into when u need it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE