Swazi Tahr Jacket

• Thread starter Alex Thorneycroft-Taylor
  • Start date
  • Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
A

Alex Thorneycroft-Taylor

Just to let you all know that I am currently reviewing the above jacket.

Only took delivery of it yesterday, so it has not had it's first soaking yet!

First impression though are very good - if anyone is interested then I will fill you all in as to how it performs etc.

The supplier is www.tamarackoutdoors.co.uk

Regards
Alex

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
I don't own one but all the reports i've had from owners are very positive. It would be interesting to hear a thorough review of it.

Welcome to BCUK by the way Alex. :)

A

Alex Thorneycroft-Taylor

Hi there - thanks fro the welcome.

I am one of those that always forgets to do this!!!

I currently work for the Sporting Shooter magazine - but as of tomorrow am moving to pastures new so to speak, and am becoming a consulatnt for a Uk clothing Distributor that sells Runnarkop and Hart branded clothing (although Hart is new to the UK)

I also offer review services to people (at no charge for the Tahr!!) As I beleive it to be a great product.

Just getting myself into the bushcraft scene - as an avid shooter - I beleive that we/I should be doing more than just driving to the woods, shooting and then having a roast at home!

Would far rather do the old kill, cook and eat - off pigeon shooting again on Saturday to keep the stocks up :D

Anyway, enough about me, i will come back with a review after some thorough testing...

Rgds
Alex

A

Alex Thorneycroft-Taylor

So far the jacket has astounded me - but having said that we have had no rain yet :rolleyes:

It is completely, and I do mean completely windproof - it was fine to shoot with, although the chequering on the stock, makes a velcro peel noise if they catch each other, but this is a minor point, and is soon worked around.

It is also v. warm - out yesterday and I had a t shirt on underneath - sat with the air rifle, hands were exposed and getting cold - upper body lovely and warm.

I will keep you posted as things go along, especially after some rain!!

Cheers
Alex

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE