Swanndri Original Bushshirt - worth it?

• Thread starter Deleted member 4605
  • Start date
  • Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
pibbleb said:
If it's like today I just wear a T Shirt, although the itch factor takes some getting used to.
I was going to ask about that :( Is it a really big problem? I remember jumpers at Christmas from elderly relatives with misery because I couldn't wear the bloody things but had to when the relatives were visiting :yuck:

Lurch

Native
Aug 9, 2004
Cumberland
www.lakelandbushcraft.co.uk
I used to have the same problem with itchy jumpers when I was a nipper, but certainly with the Swanni stuff I don't notice a problem. There is a certain roughness to the garment but I find it quite pleasant....
Her indoors on the other hand jumps like she's been electrocuted if she touches my wool gear.

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Lurch said:
There is a certain roughness to the garment but I find it quite pleasant.....

You worry me sometime Lurch! lol :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I've had mine three years now and worn it about the same number of times. Mine's more of a greeny/brown than all the clone green ones but I find it too hot to wear most of the time and too heavy to be bothered carrying in my bergan when a Buffalo special6 shirt does the same job and weighs a lot less.....I have, therefore, been thinking of flogging mine but I'm not sure (I'm a horder and hate selling anything no matter what I replace it with lol )

Cheers,

Bam. :D

Sep 21, 2005
New Zealand
You can get stacks of used swandris in the shops over here. Most are in very good nick. When your only paying $15-20 NZD the fact its second hand doesnt bother you so much. Plus, I suppose, its a form of recycling. Im in the process of trying to set up some stuff with a few Kiwi clothing companies at the moment. If it comes off it may be of use to overseas buyers.

seamonkey

Forager
Sep 11, 2004
Scotland - Angus
I'm working quite near timaru at the moment , where they have a factory and indeed a rather nicely discounted factory shop.

Its seriously good gear and i wear one for work , just chuck it through the washing machine to get all the sheep sh*t off it , however i'm still packing my buffalo for trips out in the hills.

cheers

Graham

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE