Swanndri Original Bushshirt - worth it?

• Thread starter Deleted member 4605
  • Start date
  • Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
D

Deleted member 4605

I'm tempted to buy a Swanndri Original Bushshirt, mainly because I have family in Australia and it will be cheaper for them to buy and post it than it will to buy it here or direct from Swanndri.

Does anyone have a strong opinion either way on them before I spend my money?

jasons

Settler
Jan 15, 2006
Tain Scotland
schwuk said:
I'm tempted to buy a Swanndri Original Bushshirt, mainly because I have family in Australia and it will be cheaper for them to buy and post it than it will to buy it here or direct from Swanndri.

top bit of kit I love mine well worth the money.sorry thats a bit cheeky from me I payed 30 pound for mine.but I was lucky. :D get one

stickbow

Tenderfoot
Aug 11, 2006
Northampton England
I bought a Swanni original, about 5 years ago, the one that goes over the head, It was the best buy I ever made, mine is green and I don't know if they come in other colors but mine blends in well in the woods, It is not waterproof but it is highly water reppelent and vey warm, it is cut long at the back so it will not ride up but you may want to wear something under it in really cold weather, I wear aTshirt or jumper but beware some people will try and have it away so look after it and it will last your lifetime and probably you kids too.

pibbleb

Settler
Apr 25, 2006
Sussex, England
I love mine it's the best bit of kit I have. I work in an office and wear it on dress down Friday and when I'm out and about.

The wool allows your body to breath when it turns a little warmer but obviously helps keep the chill out. It's also shower proof and is as effective wet as it is dry.

The only short coming I found is that my arms still feel the chill, but I suspect that is just me being a little freaky!

If you can get cheaper then I would be all over it like a rash!

Pib

TallMikeM

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 30, 2005
Hatherleigh, Devon
schwuk said:

just out of curiosity, how much does it work out of you do it from Oz? I have family over there as well, so if the savings are big enough I may splurge. :)

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
I would like one of these myself,really looks to be ideal for my needs!

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
Kate Moss might look rather cool in one! A very bushcrafty bit of kit to be seen in but stiil rather good.

Cheers

nzgunnie

Tenderfoot
Sep 11, 2005
New Zealand
They are listed at NZD$235 on the Swanndri website, which includes our GST of 12.5%. Thats about 82 UK pounds. If you can order it direct from Swanndri and get them to sell it exclusive of GST then that comes to about 72 UK pounds, I'm not sure what postage would be, but they are listed at 103 UK pounds in the link above.

Scally

C.E.S.L Notts explorers
Oct 10, 2004
uk but want to emigrate to NZ
I love mine and it goes every where.
i did however try to get another in new zealand when i was last over there, but i never so it any cheaper than over here odd i know even tried the farmers market type shops (this includes both islands) good look and happy wearing!!!

pibbleb

Settler
Apr 25, 2006
Sussex, England
If it's like today I just wear a T Shirt, although the itch factor takes some getting used to.

If it's colder I wear a base layer like a long sleeve base layer.

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Lurch said:
The only problems with the bushshirt, no pockets for yer hands and long enough to act as a skirt. Of course the length may suit you but personally I can't be doing with really long jackets.
Fully agree about the pockets, it could do with some.....I love the long length though.....

P

Phantom

i like the looks of it.... but won't it smell if it gets wet :confused:
phantom :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE