Svord Peasant Knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

WULF

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
Recieved my PKM today,what a great little knife!
looks like it was eagerly awaited for as heinnie now sold out!!

Last edited:

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Got a standard Peasant last week from Heine Hayes (very fast service from them and would use them again) and generally like it.

The blade edge touches the Chicago bolt furthest away from the pivot, seems its a common fault and a nylon washer from Halfords acts as a better stop for the blade.
Also the hole in the blade for the pivot is slightly too large diameter for the pivot Chicago bolt which allows a little movement at the pivot.
Just seems slightly sloppy manufacturing, especially the too large hole in the blade that could be sorted by just using the right diameter drill bit to drill the hole.
Its not far out but just enough that its a defect.

The blade had big angle at very edge but a file then a sharpen sorted that in out short order.

Its a nice knife and well worth the money but for me its one that's cheap and simple enough that I don't mind taking to bits to fettle.

Perhaps more importantly I'm looking at small fulltang blade blanks and thinking how easy it would be to knock up something along the same lines.
Svord must be making these things pretty fast though, otherwise they couldn't make any money on them and I think for the cash they do very well indeed.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE