Survival course

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

taws6

Nomad
Jul 27, 2007
Anglia
Hi,

I'm looking for a hardcore survival course being hosted somewhere in the South East UK that covers the basics of survival. Something with escape and evasion too would be amazing, but guess that is just hoping for too much! Something along the lines of bugging out without kit to give you an idea.
I had a Google around before but didn't come up with much, and hope you guys / gals can point me in the right direction!

Cheers in advance for the help,

Paul

nephilim

Settler
Jul 24, 2014
Bedfordshire
One of the members here does his own survival courses including bow making. Worth while going to that...will try to grab a link for you.

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
A true survival course what your looking at will never happen due to cost partly and risk for the most part, its all to do with insurance...:(

I tried to do an escape and evasion course military style but got stopped in my tracks because of the insurance and risk of it.

gonzo_the_great

Forager
Nov 17, 2014
Poole, Dorset. UK
Trueways have a basic survival course running in Hampshire, mid March.
(Well I hope it's on, or I will be in a wood on my own for the week!)

I believe they do some more serious follow on courses, up in Cumbria. But only after you have done the basic one.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I'm not sure of the names but do carry on looking, there are some companies that run fairly hard core courses like this, you won't find many bushcraft companies running them but they are out there.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Taws , Can I ask what is it you are hoping to learn from the course?? What is our aim? Sounds like ( at this point ) you want some basic teaching with a testing segment consisting of being pushed under pressure.

Would that be fair?

Just wondering what actual skills you are hoping to cover.

rickyamos

Settler
Feb 6, 2010
Peterborough
+one for the trueways survival course, did the basic to advanced five day course, I thought it was worth the money.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

BillyBlade

Settler
Jul 27, 2011
Lanarkshire
We do what you're looking for Taws, but wrong end of the country sadly. All primary course instructors are ex Marines, and all individual skill instructors are ex forces.

You would be asked to either go through and show your basic skill set, or do the introduction courses before doing anything involving E&E though.

gonzo_the_great

Forager
Nov 17, 2014
Poole, Dorset. UK
My report back from the Trueways 5day (basic to advanced)....

A reasonable paced course, but pushing you a little along the way. All based around a typical survival scenario. Teaching you the skills and upping the anti day by day. I finished tired, aching and with a sense of achievement.
Would not have missed it for the world.

Excellent instructor and a the others on the course were a good bunch of people to be with.
So I can heartily recommend it.

I would not have described it as hard core, but certainly very good and necessary grounding for the next stage.
And as the next stage (the 7day advanced) follows right on from this one, I would probably describe that one as being potentially more hardcore.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE