Suffolk Bushcraft Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

humdrum_hostage

Jul 19, 2014
Stradishall, Suffolk
I will aim to get there around that time or shortly after. I'm not a good time keeper :eek:

I have never slept in a hammock in the woods, or with a load of strangers and strangely I think I am more worried about the barrel!!! LOL

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I will aim to get there around that time or shortly after. I'm not a good time keeper :eek:

I have never slept in a hammock in the woods, or with a load of strangers and strangely I think I am more worried about the barrel!!! LOL

OK I ve got something to sort in the morning so have taken the day off work, so will aim for 13:30 others may be there earlier I know Colin normally gets there for 13:00 ish,

You'll be alright as long as you dont go in the barrell head first.. lol

humdrum_hostage

Jul 19, 2014
Stradishall, Suffolk
Well I have just taken a job on for friday morning but I am still aiming for 13:30.

When you say "something to cook in" I assume you mean a frying pan or like? Will I need my or can I use my honey stove?

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Well I have just taken a job on for friday morning but I am still aiming for 13:30.

When you say "something to cook in" I assume you mean a frying pan or like? Will I need my or can I use my honey stove?

Most tend to cook on the communal fire, you can use your own stove, thats no problem, what I say is if you have a fire near your pitch then its got to be a small cooking fire, and must be cleaned up after woods, if you want a larger fire for example Colin has tired a long log fire on his pitch before but he brought the wood in this case, as we try to preserve the wood that is available.

I tend to take a small gas stove to make a cuppa in the morning, with a small Kettle, most of the time I take a selection of Cook wear , when you can drive up to the woods its easier then if you have to carry it, at the moment driving to drop off is possible,

Some use gas some use meths.. it just depends on what people like to do this month I am bringing a Barri with me which I need to try out.. :).

humdrum_hostage

Jul 19, 2014
Stradishall, Suffolk
I only recently learnt what a braai was as the job I just left employed a south african girl. She said she was having a bring and braai for her birthday and i thought she said bring and buy!

I was hoping to make it as bushcrafty as possible (apart from the packets of food and a cool bag), I will probably regret it but didn't really want to drag along the gas stove. I was hoping to have everthing I need on my back/in my arms.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Your not joking there Colin... sounds like we may have to carve a spoon...lol... I've got a bit of Cherry to play with...

mikesmith777

Nomad
Feb 17, 2013
Clacton on Sea
Looking like I am going to make this, aiming to get there Fri night, might be about 8/9 o'clock, if its any later will leave it till Sat morning, really need to get back into the woods and chill out.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I wont be coming this month, Vic is working friday and Sunday. Might be able to escape on Saturday and pop up and go for a bimble, see what we can find.

9InchNinja

Settler
Feb 9, 2012
PE1
Not long now... Spent the last two nights in the garden testing gear, can't wait to get out in the woods.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE