Strike anywere matches

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Schwert

Settler
Apr 30, 2004
Seattle WA USA
Matches can be shipped via United Parcel Service here for domestic delivery. Their international delivery regulations probably also allow shipment....but I am not certain.

Individual states here have rules concerning strike anywhere matches. In some states they cannot be sold others (mine fortunately) it is not a problem.

River Junction will definately know the shipping regulations for these.

Here are a few with a shellac coating (Hoodoo method)

penleyshellac69706yc.jpg

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
scruff said:
Hmmm....

....this does of course beg the question of how Chopper got his?

Quite simple really...I placed the order on their web site & two weeks later postman knocked on my door with a box, job done.

I did'nt realise that it may have been a problem until about a week after I had placed the order, it was a bit late by then to do anything about it except wait and see. :rolleyes:

scruff

Maker
Jun 24, 2005
West Yorkshire
Chopper said:
Quite simple really...I placed the order on their web site & two weeks later postman knocked on my door with a box, job done.

It thought that might have been the case! :rolleyes:

I haven't heard anything back from River Junction saying they cannot post me a quantity of matches so I am going to go ahead and place an order for some.

As I have no guarantee that they'll be able to get them just yet, nor have I any idea if I'll get slapped with duty etc. I won't post this up in group buy just yet until I am certain I can get them....but when the time arrives I will honour those of you who have shown interest in the matches (prior to this email) first.

I hope this makes sense and is within the rules of BCUK esp. Group Buys? - Mods please.

Cheers guys

leon-1

scruff said:
It thought that might have been the case! :rolleyes:

I haven't heard anything back from River Junction saying they cannot post me a quantity of matches so I am going to go ahead and place an order for some.

As I have no guarantee that they'll be able to get them just yet, nor have I any idea if I'll get slapped with duty etc. I won't post this up in group buy just yet until I am certain I can get them....but when the time arrives I will honour those of you who have shown interest in the matches (prior to this email) first.

I hope this makes sense and is within the rules of BCUK esp. Group Buys? - Mods please.

Cheers guys

scruff, no problems, if it does go full blown group buy and you want people to confirm an order in here then let me know and I will move the thread over to the group buys section of the forum.

How's that sound:D

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
Matches.jpg

Right at the top of the box it says "STRIKE ANYWHERE"
220 matches 60p from local shop tested on brick, stone, steel, wood, trousers ,
the box has ordinary sandpaper on the side they're thicker and longer than safety matches and seem to have more wax ? as once lit they burn well ! are the USA ones better ?? :confused:

scruff

Maker
Jun 24, 2005
West Yorkshire
Hi guys

I've finally got a brief email from Jim @ River Junction:

"Our carriers will not take the over seas orders.
Jim"

Sorry its simply as the guy says, we can't get them to deliver over here.

I just hope that I get a full refund for the 30 boxes I ordered!!!

:eek:

scruff

Maker
Jun 24, 2005
West Yorkshire
I don't think River Junction will be the answer though.

After expressing my concerns about posting restrictions I may have put the cat amongst the pigeons!

Cheers for understanding.

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
QDanT said:
Matches.jpg

Right at the top of the box it says "STRIKE ANYWHERE"
220 matches 60p from local shop tested on brick, stone, steel, wood, trousers ,
the box has ordinary sandpaper on the side they're thicker and longer than safety matches and seem to have more wax ? as once lit they burn well ! are the USA ones better ?? :confused:

Wife just bought the same box at "home bargains" today for 39p.
but thinks they sell them at asda-morrisons-tesco etc etc as well

aren't strike anywheres just the red matches and not safetys that have to be struck on the box side :confused:

Schwert

Settler
Apr 30, 2004
Seattle WA USA
Penley is from Chile. I will look at my box tonight and see if there is any contact info....but those "Original Cook's Matches" look pretty good to me.

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
scruff said:
I don't think River Junction will be the answer though.

After expressing my concerns about posting restrictions I may have put the cat amongst the pigeons!

Cheers for understanding.

Well done...thats the last time I put a red hot find on here.

scruff

Maker
Jun 24, 2005
West Yorkshire
Chopper - I think it was the quantity that was the problem.

I dare say individual customers may get box in 'under the radar'.

However its worth noting that matches are classed as a prohibited goods for UPS as they are for Royal Mail, as stipulated by the IATA. If River Junction were breaking the rules or were unaware of the fact that they shouldn't ship them then I'm glad they've acted not to do so.

scruff

Maker
Jun 24, 2005
West Yorkshire
Curiously I got an email from River Junction last night stating that the matches have actually been shipped now :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

It looks like were back on.

Bonza!!

Sorry to be a bit up and down on this one folks but I don't quite know whats going on.

Will let you know if/ when they arrive.

:240:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE