St Georges Mushroom

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
No, but over the weekend I did see "Fairy ring champignons" (intermixed with what looked like early crop of the highly poisonous "cream clots") over the weekend.

Last weekend came across a huge crop of Jew's Ear too ...

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
EdS said:
We had the first picking for breakfast on Saturday - anyone else had some yet?

I think I've just come across some. Spent the last half an hour checking between a few books and I think I've got it right. I'm not going to eat them though as not 100% sure.

jakunen

Native
Not had any yet (I'm checking too) but think I've got a load in my garden. And found a giant puffball which should be perfect in a day or two.
I'm doing well this year! Morels and St. Georges in the garden and a puffball outside the back gate! :-D

jakunen

Native
I've dried most of the morels and if I can do the same with the St. Georges, they'll be coming with me to the Dartmoor meet to go in my stews.

The puffball won't last long. Some fresh homemade ciabatta, a glass of chilled chardonnay de venezi and puffball slices gently sauteed in welsh butter with a mear hint of garlic!
Unless some little :***: puts their foot thru it like happed last year!!! :evil:
Why do parents tell their kids to destroy ANY fungi they see!? Don't they realise they represent our perks for being bushcrafters? :soapbox:

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
I got a definite ID on mine, which is good. :)

Been to see the folks this weekend and my Dad is an avid mushroom forager. We went for a walk on Sunday and found loads of St. Georges. (at least 60!). Apparently last year was very dry and my Dad hardly found anything so maybe that's why there's so many this year.
We thought we found 2 small Honey Fungi but after we did a spore print back at the house we identified them as Sulphur Tufts. Shame.
We also found a ring of what we think are Agaricus macrosporus. Not 100% though.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE