Spends at the Moot.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Cobweb

Native
Aug 30, 2007
South Shropshire
Hi all, sorry I haven't been on much for the past month, I've been working hard :) Which makes a change ;)

So my question is...

How much to take to this 'ere moot then?

I'm figuring that I'll need £15 for the knapping, I know this already.

I've not been before and I'm guessing that there are a few more that haven't been either so I was wondering, for the other workshops like basket making ect... Will there be a set charge for this if you participate and if so, any idea how much it is.

Thank you :D

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Hi Cobweb,
Workshops that incur an attendance fee are normally notified before hand - such as the flintknapping you mentioned. Other workshops and demonstrations are generally free, but it might be considered polite to offer the tutor a token payment for materials that you use. For example, some firecraft materials are pretty much freely available on site, but leather materials would have been purchased by the person leading the workshop.
There won't be a hard and fast rule, as often a hearty "Thank you" is all that is required, the thirst for the knowledge being its own payment.
I hope I'm not stepping on anyones toes with this reply.

ATB

Ogri the trog

PS. Tony will be taking the contents of the BcUK shop which deserves all our support - so take hundred of pounds!

sandsnakes

Life Member
May 22, 2006
West London
Good point Cobweb.

I was planning on charging about £12.50 to cover the cost of the herbs and etc. There will also be a book available that will cover cover what we do, not sure of the cost yet as its at the printers. I can add that most of the time people pay about £150 a pop to attend one of my lectures, so this is heavily discounted! The entire thing is being done in the spirit of common interest and shared skills.

Sandsnakes

:)

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Well, I will cartainly pop along to that workshop then, and support you as best as I can sandsnakes. I also was wondering quite how much to take, so fifty to a hundred would be more than enough if I bought most of my food prior to getting on site and the only outlay as mentioned would be the shop for kit and individual workshops.

Is booze a recognised payment method?!

:D

sandsnakes

Life Member
May 22, 2006
West London
Ha, Dave! You would say that as you are making me two pretty dam neat knives!

As for charging I want to make sure everyone gets to play with herbs etc, so bring your billy can along.

Sandsnakes

Gailainne

Life Member
Good point Cobweb.

I was planning on charging about £12.50 to cover the cost of the herbs and etc. There will also be a book available that will cover cover what we do, not sure of the cost yet as its at the printers. I can add that most of the time people pay about £150 a pop to attend one of my lectures, so this is heavily discounted! The entire thing is being done in the spirit of common interest and shared skills.

Sandsnakes

:)

Sounds good, hopefully it doesnt clash with Sundays flint knapping, fingers crossed.

Regards

Stephen

sandsnakes

Life Member
May 22, 2006
West London
Tony has negociated you all a hefty discount.. £5 for Natural medicine course and the manual, now about 60 pages long, at cost! A pile of the books will be for sale at the shope for those who do not attend the course.

Dont all rush at once! :lmao:

Sandsnakes

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE