South Wales

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nigel

Forager
Dec 6, 2003
Carmarthenshire
Hi Rik,

What did you have in mind for the meet?
Somewhere local, or further a field?
There are a lot of us in this area so it would be good to try and arrange a venue.
I have a site which I use but the only thing they have been concerned about is the damage to parked vehicles, by farm machinery. I will speak to them again.
I have been trying to negotiate a deal with another farm, but as most have found they don’t want to give you the time of day, oh until you mention cash. So if there were enough of us we could rent the site, as long as they don’t quote some ridiculous price
If you are just after an over night bivi, PM me.

Nigel

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Neil thinks this is a good little site
http://www.glynymulfarm.co.uk/

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/details.asp?revid=4636

The owner has no problem with hammocks, or small fires, he has woodland you can use.

The facilities are basic, and he shuts in winter, but, if a few of us are going, he will open up the site, but with reduced facilities, like, only the toilets and fresh water would be available

Its only a couple of miles from Neath, so its central for all the Welsh mob really, and easy to get to by train or coach. Suggest a few dates, and I'll give the guy a ring nearer the time

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Paul, your site looks the dogs knob as well :)

Neil is up for a meeting January, how about the last weekend of the month, around pay day for those on monthly pay and are feeling suicidal after all the spending over xmas?

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
Just thought I'd say hello, in case anyone hasn't clocked who "Neil" is. :D

Glyn Y Mul farm's a good site, I car-camped there in the summer with the family and had a good chat with the owner (Ian) and had a look over the woods.

We'd have to run dates by Ian, as out-of-season is when he takes his holidays and it is necessary to book ahead at the site, you can't just turn up.

drstrange

Forager
Jul 9, 2006
London
Before you all go to Wales, just something to whet your appetite

WalesP.jpg
[/IMG]

Wales is lovely

paulcd

Tenderfoot
Hey, you could string a hammock between 2 of those slate/coal waste heaps. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...I lived opposite the largest slate quarries in the world and Llanberisarians (made up name) get very defensive about the view!

If you decide to come to Yellowwood Campsite, just let me know in plenty of time, otherwise might make it south of the beacons myself. PCD

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
paulcd said:
Hey, you could string a hammock between 2 of those slate/coal waste heaps. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...I lived opposite the largest slate quarries in the world and Llanberisarians (made up name) get very defensive about the view!

If you decide to come to Yellowwood Campsite, just let me know in plenty of time, otherwise might make it south of the beacons myself. PCD

You don't use a hammock, your use a Hex 3 :)

Brocktor

Banned
Jul 25, 2006
uk
i have a local farm permission for fires and camping, most of the fields are unused there so i think i can do what i like. if you want to come here with me rik and anyone else your welcome.
i would travel up to neath too if anyone wants to set a date. brecon sounds cool too please keep me updated

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I too would be interested in a meet in Wales around Xmas,prefrably after the event as I will then be free of my theatrical committments,and would be very keen to be kept in the loop.
John

buckley

Nomad
Nov 8, 2006
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Don't really know many of you, but I would be up for a wales meet, as I was at uni in cardiff for three years and I used to spend most of my weekends in the brecons would be nice to camp out again! Let me know if I am welcome,

Cheers,

Buckley

Brocktor

Banned
Jul 25, 2006
uk
i have been thinking of proposing a date on here because no-one else had but havent got around to it. but its highly likely me and nigel (who is a user of this forum) will be camping near tonyrefail, (near llantrisant in the rhondda valleys) within the next couple of weeks. anyone is welcome i am sure nigel will not mind but i will have to ask how many people the farmer will accept.

Brocktor

Banned
Jul 25, 2006
uk
we are going to camp friday 24th november, let me know if anyone is interested, i will not be online until monday again so my no. is 07854257746 or message nigel on here but note that he hasnt been to the campsite before.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE