South Africa

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jun 8, 2010
swansea
Hi to all,
It's my first time posting on this forum and i would like a little help if possible.
I'm off to South Africa again for 3 weeks in Feb 2011 so i'm trying to find out some info before I go.

The question is: Does anyone know what type of trees/shrubs etc are good for friction fire lighting in South Africa? bit of a long shot I know.

I have not even had the chance to try friction fire lighting so far, my work commitments etc are taking over my interests at the moment, this is why i would like to learn this ancient art while i'm away.

I have a lot of experience outdoors as i used to teach orienteering etc for about 10 years, the only thing i never learned was survival. I have no problem building shelters, navigation and all the rest but i am struggling on identifying trees and friction fire lighting, any advice?

Thanks
Mike

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE