Sounds, Sights and Taste of Spring!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 20, 2008
Reigate
Just back from a walk near Linchmere and Stanley Common on Surrey/Sussex border - now that the cold Easterly has stopped - Spring has really sprung today in the south-east!

Sounds: Two Cuckoos, Chiffchaff and Willow Warber;
Sights: Yellow Brimstones
Taste: Wood sorrel flowering through the woods - another "taste of spring".

These are the first Cuckoos I've heard this year - anyone else heard them yet?

jnc

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
yes I heard cuckoo noise yesterday night as I finished splitting up the first cord of birch (I got a cord of ash and oak today:D ).
Today was quite fantastically beatiful, gentle but firm cooling breexe, warm bright sunlight. The more I live in suffolk the more I simply love it if I didnt have a yorkshire accent I would queue up to get a suffolk one :cool: I was driving nice and slow around redgrave and Lopham and mellis on the little lanes with my trailer for to carry fire wood home and noticed houses I'd never noticed before and stunning panarmic view's of grassy meadows and ploughed field's, lines of birch, poplar and hedgrow oaks' all bristling and thriving with new growth and energy; a tractor harrowing and leaving a wake of dry wispy dust in its trail. I noticed a huge pollarded willow that was emerging green and confident as ever. The ground has dried out real quick in recent days not so long since it was a squelcyh boggy experience to walk on open ground but its firmed up a lot now. I saw a sheep fold with a whole lot of new born lambs; new hatches of ducklings (there are ducks every where roiund here:lmao: )

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE