snow

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
B

bushyboo

Hi peeps

Anybody else have snow today ? its been snowing on and off all morning here in west lothian nothing heavy yet might go out for a bimble later and get some photos if it gets heavyer i just love the way it changes the landscape:)

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
It keeps trying down here but nothing much to shout about. I heard north of the border is supposed to get between 10-15cm later this afternoon.

Rich

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Was snowing down here on the coast this morning, but nothing settled, it's just grey and miserable again now

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
South Yorkshire the same. It's lying on the top of brick walls and dusting the plants and trees, but tht's about it. Very wet on the ground and an absolutely cutting wind.

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
As I look out my window here it's blowing a blizzard. Snow depth is 3-4 inches and rising. Should be at work today but with the severe weather warning, and the fact that the road is drifting in, thought I would work at home. I'm doing this in my lunchbreak!!!!:D

Matt Weir

Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
I'm in the center of Manchester but there's nowt here as yet.

Just spoke to my missus who is about 12 miles west and she says there is a dusting of snow at home. I heard that cities create their own micro climate and this proves it I think with Wayland being Northeast of me and Shewie and Spam being East :)

rancid badger

P1030011copyresized.jpg

it was a bit of a blizzard at around 14:00 then slowly eased up:

looks lovely mind- even the old pole lathe and assorted "junk" looks better when it snows;)
P1030001copyresized.jpg

if it keeps up I'll get some proper photo's later
Kind regards
R.B.

DoctorSpoon

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 24, 2007
Peak District
www.robin-wood.co.uk
We've hardly a dusting here but it is RAW cold out there. I thought I was well bundled up but after just 10 minutes stomping around the field with the dog I was frozen through. My son is desperate for some proper snow, so I'm hoping it's heading south!

Clark

Forager
Jul 18, 2007
Aberdeen
Snow showers here but nothings laying an those pesky gritters have been out in force for once. Might get out for a night tomorrow though if it lies and get to try out my new gear.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Frozen ground and snow "pellets" here,
you know, the bits that are definately not flakes but look more like crumbs!
I've got the hammock set up with my modified Ogripod, so might take the plunge and stay out tonight. If I do there'll be another write up concerning the merits (or otherwise) of cold weather hammocking.

ATB

Ogri the trog

pibbleb

Settler
Apr 25, 2006
Sussex, England
We've had a dusting this afternoon, but it's not settling on anything other than the roofs judging by the offices opposite.

We were saying in the office earlier that many of our kids have never seen any real snow and my eldest is going on 8 now, which is a bit of a shame.

I remember getting snowed in a couple of times when I was their age living up in County Durham.

Pib

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE