Snow anyone?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tantalus

May 10, 2004
Galashiels
yeah i hear ya , but i want truckloads and i want em now lol

how come everybody else got snow :aargh4:

nice weekend for walking in the pentlands BM

Tant

lardbloke

Nomad
Jul 1, 2005
Torphichen, Scotland
The day started lovely and clear with bright skies. Then by early morning I could see a huge dark, cloud bank rolling over the top of the Ochils. By the time I got the kid off to school a few flutters came down. Now it has been snowing heavily for the past hour (howling gales) or so and we are about two foot deep. Oh well more powercuts and burst mains. Time to get the sledge out to deliver the soup to the ald folks again......

troy

Forager
Aug 9, 2004
moray, scotland
www.mtn-m.co.uk
same as lardbloke, got lovely high winds clearing out all the cob webs and snow, plus first thing, a huge tree lying across the access road to out village - had great fun clearing that. The prospect of good mountaineering this year looks excellent.

Tantalus

May 10, 2004
Galashiels
troy said:
The prospect of good mountaineering this year looks excellent.

I am speechless, i thought the good mountains were there all year, i never realised they took them away somewhere for the summer

:lmao:

Tant

leon-1

Well the snow is just starting to melt away in my garden. It started to snow last night at about half eight and then it pretty much snowed most of the night sporadically untill half nine / ten o'clock this morning and now the sun is out:)

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Had a few inches fall early in the night, it was bad enough this morning to close the school so the kids are in and out playing and warming up. The sun is very bright and the roads are starting to clear but they'll freeze nicely later on.

ATB

Ogri the trog

outdoorgirl

Sep 25, 2004
nr Minehead
Snow in Swindon/Chippenham area last night / this morning, then nothing all the way through Bath towards Bristol. Bristol had a good dusting, but it's pretty much all melted now.

Signs are good for more snow over the weekend though. I'm glad I spent money on good warm merino socks now! :)

ODG

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
pumbaa said:
Why dont you just rub it in!!!!!
:lmao: :D :lmao:
Please can we have some snow ?
Pumbaa

Just you wait ;) It's more or less missed us, it snowed for about 10 minutes and then it just rained for hours. :( and it's got to go somewhere.
I really hope we don't get it now after all that rain, it's just makes treacherous, freezing, icy slush that no-one likes.

Cheers,
Toddy

pumbaa

Settler
Jan 28, 2005
dorset
I want to go and play in the land rover , it wicked fun in the snow .
Get to make a few quid if i take the tow gear !!!
Last time we had snow i made £400 . It happens so rarely in these parts that people havn't a clue how to drive in it ! :rolleyes:
Pumbaa

Bob

Forager
Sep 11, 2003
Dorset
Pumbaa

You need to head west to Lyme - according to the Echo they had lots of fun there!

Looks like the snow came as far east as Bridport (light dusting) and nearest to me was Sydling. All I saw was a few mini-snowflakes though :(

Bob

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
You lot can keep your snow, I work outdoors with sand and cement and the last thing I need is snow. Sorry to be boring..................Jon

lardbloke

Nomad
Jul 1, 2005
Torphichen, Scotland
We have only just had our power restored after am 18 hour power cut (very high winds). It knocked the system out righ fater posting on here. We still have a good inch of snow, but it is quickly melting away. There is still a good dusting on the ochils and a few dark clouds rolling around.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE