Snow anyone?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Keith_Beef

Native
Sep 9, 2003
Yvelines, north-west of Paris, France.
Nothing in Paris, temperatures around 10°C, as they have been for the last week.

But my auntie rang last night, to say it was white over in Sheffield. I checked the BBC website; local radio pages are good. A57 Snake pass is closed, though that doesn't take a great deal... You get maybe 6" of snow, the wind up there is strong enough to blow it into 4' drifts.

Riding over there one January night on a motorbike, I saw something horrible. A sort of red, gooey mess with four legs, squealing in agony.

It was a sheep that had been blown inside out by a gust.

Keith.

Justin Time

Native
Aug 19, 2003
South Wales
Went walking up the Brecon Beacons this morning with a pal, 'twas a great suprise to see snow on the hills, there'd been quite a fall during the night but it had turned to rain by the time we got there. Nonetheless there was a good covering, and we were able to follow the tracks of a little fox which was using the same path we were on, probably five or so minutes ahead of us.

hobbitboy

Forager
Jun 30, 2004
Erm... it's variable
Got back from Mam Tor (peak district) bout 2hours ago, really cool, and really busy.....loadsa people in trainers out for a nice saturday stroll in the sludge....
fantastic views, and a few drifts deep enough dive in.....

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
Been out in the rain all day, great day for testing your fire lighting, suprised you guys have'nt seized the oppurtunity!
I would post some pics but the gallery won't let me :cry:
Neil

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Tried it Silver Birch, but all we got was rain...i think i did it wrong...

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
Cheers scots pine.. i got rain too.. mayhaps we did the rain dance by accident.. still its good to know the ministers of the bushcrafti have to combined power to control the weather.. you know for next time theres a drought! :wave: :1244:

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
We should be careful though. We could end up getting the blame for all the british weather :shock:

Bushcrafti and all it's ministers strive to do there best...under no circumstances should they be held responsible for the reletively uncontrollable uk weather...we do our best :wink:

:eek:):

I think it's right leg forward...

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
hay hold on.. wheres Mighty Oak?? maybe he didnt get the message and thats why it didnt freeze properly.. that must be it.. it was snow, just not frozen :rolmao:

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Thats it! Blame Dave! Sorry...Mighty Oak :notworthy

I could swear it was cold enough...3 t-shirts, 2 jumpers, one jacket, and one coat.

Viking

Settler
Oct 1, 2003
Sweden
www.nordicbushcraft.com
Abbe Osram said:
Yep, 20 cm in the forest and minus 20 degrees celsius here in
Gällivare/Sweden

cheers
Abbe

:chill:

Got little snow here, but it´s starting to get cold minus 7 degrees celsius and the weather repost says it can come 10-20 cm of snow tomorrow here ins Gothenburg Sweden. In land there has already come 10-20 cm of snow.

Wind_Chaser

Nov 7, 2004
Latvia
Wheee!
We got a good bit of snow today! Everything is so white and quiet and cold :D I wish this would last till March :D

But keep dancing and maybe the Lord above will have pitty on you and give you some snow too :wink:

Tvividr

Nomad
Jan 13, 2004
Norway
www.gjknives.com
Viking said:
Got little snow here, but it´s starting to get cold minus 7 degrees celsius and the weather repost says it can come 10-20 cm of snow tomorrow here ins Gothenburg Sweden. In land there has already come 10-20 cm of snow.
About the same here :eek:):

Viking

Settler
Oct 1, 2003
Sweden
www.nordicbushcraft.com
Now it has been snowing for several hours so it´s prety white outside :super:

This is what I see outside my window

114348.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE