Small PLCE compatible daysack??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Oct 30, 2012
Eseex
Does such a thing exist?

I'd like a 30L or so Daysack that takes PLCE side pockets.....the Berghaus centurio 30 would be ideal, but that uses the MMPS system which I understand is upside down PLCE?

Any ideas gratefully received......

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Someone suggested on here a little while ago that endicotts would swap the zips around on a centurio for not much money

I don't know of any other PLCE bags of that size

Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
I have a 30l arktis daysack that has the side zips for PLCE pockets. Its not Berghaus/Lowe alpine/karrimor SF quality, but it is adequate.

The obvious choice for you though is the karrimor SF sabre 45.

Oct 30, 2012
Eseex
Thanks for the replies guys.

I had wondered about swapping the MMPS zips, but given the price of the Centurio to begin with im not sure I want to spend more money on it lol.

I'll have a look at the Sabre 45, but I was really looking for something smaller. I already have an LA Sting and Saracen, so may look at a Strike if I can find one and can't find anything smaller.....

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
PLCE side poches can be fitted to a Berghaus Munro using the pack's compression straps thru' the webbing loops on the back of the pouches. I also fitted straps across the top of the pack between the pouches' top buckles.
Munro1.jpgMunro2.jpgMunroPouches2.jpg

Scrofula

Mar 2, 2009
Norwich
The Web text assault pack is 30 litres and will take PLCE pouches. New ones seem to be about £65 new but they do come up used on ebay now and again and can be had for £10-15. Not as good build quality as the others mentioned here though.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Instead of removing the zips and turning them upside down on the berghaus bags it is possible to sew a new zip on to the existing one, thus making it possible to use plce and mmps pouches

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE