Small Kids at the Bushmoot- what are your entertainment essentials?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
That can be arranged... :rofl:
I thought that might get some interest! :D
Back to reality - there are some good entertainments for the little ones - Drew tells stories, Capn Badger organises some great events...it all depends on what the kiddies want...I would have been happy with a stick, some sand and a couple of worms to chew on.....

Actually - I often still am!

Last edited:

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Our two are coming too (6 and 8) so it sounds like there will be plenty of playmates, and my 8 year old loves mothering smaller children. I'll be taking some extra tarps / hammocks etc to make dens with, and balls etc to kick about. I think there will be plenty for them to do!

Good idea... another suggestion along those lines is have a big builders tarp that you can pitch to provide a dry play area in times of inclement weather.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
The thing to do with the beach is head towards it and then if you don't make it don't worry, just settle where you are and play in the sand, or you can drive to a number of beaches, the walk there is lovely.
There will be other kids about so they'll have fun with them and we'll do a few activities for the kids as well, the thing to keep in mind is that if you're willing to sacrifice your time to be with them then they'll be happy and you'll be relaxed. Some of this depends on the weather, if it's dry then they play a lot outside, if it's wet...they play a lot outside :D They also need more covered space which there's usually enough of, mud maps, plant pictures etc can all be played wtih and there's showers so you can get the kids clean.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
It might well be an idea to pitch none too far from the central Admin area and ablutions block ....just to avoid accidents!

Seoras

Mod
Mod
Oct 7, 2004
Bramley, Hampshire
I will be running some family stuff again. Usual family bowdrill and the quickie bow making that the kids and parents enjoyed last year. I have also made up Atlatl sets that do not necessarily require you to hold the dart. Great for little ones.

George

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
Our two are coming too (6 and 8) so it sounds like there will be plenty of playmates, and my 8 year old loves mothering smaller children. I'll be taking some extra tarps / hammocks etc to make dens with, and balls etc to kick about. I think there will be plenty for them to do!

Snozz

Perfect for little Rhiannon, she loves older kids!

v-ness

Oct 9, 2010
on a hill in Scotland
Glad to see that there will be quite a few wee ones :)

Name Badges are a brilliant idea. Will have a look to see if I can pick up a load for everyone.

Chilli Beef Jerky is definitely on the menu- shame you can't make it Aaron :p more for me :rolleyes:

Cheers
Ness :)

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
Yeah, Name badges would be great. Only worry is the pin on them. Good stickers may be better?

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Glad to see that there will be quite a few wee ones :)

Name Badges are a brilliant idea. Will have a look to see if I can pick up a load for everyone.

Chilli Beef Jerky is definitely on the menu- shame you can't make it Aaron :p more for me :rolleyes:

Cheers
Ness :)
I will try some for him! :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE