Sleeping out

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

johnnytheboy

Native
Aug 21, 2007
Falkirk
jokesblogspot.blogspot.com
I was just wondering, not that I was going todo it, but how do you guys go about sleeping out in the arctic?

Just wondered what kit you guys use, if I was ever to be in the position to go abroad then how expensive would an arctic camping trip be?

Red Fox

Dec 31, 2012
Cheshire
Copy of snow biv.jpgThis is a good way johnny.A trip may cost you about 1000 but if you have a lot of good kit then about 500 to 700.But thats only wat i think so see wat the other guys think to.This is wat i am takeing to camp in on my next tripmy bushcraft 746.jpgBut you might want one of thise tent snow.jpegbut then you can spend about 200 geting it out ther.Big tarps are a inexpensive way of going as you can make a tepee or lane to:) ....

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
If you want to be hardcore, dig a snow trench, maybe line the bottom with some spruce. Its nice to be able to watch the stars and maybe the Aurora through the night but getting out of your bag and into your gear can be painful. The warmest and most comfortable night I had up there was in a quinzee.

:)

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
What about the arctic in summer, much nicer and a heck of a lot warmer

Flying bitey things! However I dare say it must be like Scotland, choose the correct part of Spring or Autumn and you will be fine.

There is something quite otherworldly about Arctic Scandinavia in winter, the silence, the daily routine and discipline needed to stop bits falling off, I can't wait to get back up there with the kids when they are older.

:)

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
When I went to Finland, near Mikkeli for a few weeks we were lucky as we had a sacrificial lamb, think his name was Phil. Anyway he would draw all the mozzie to him, ending up with a face like a cauliflower and the rest of us bite free:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE