sleeping gear

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

woodrat

Forager
Dec 31, 2004
Oregon U.S.A.
how do you guys feel or think about the new wave of emergency bivy bag[as theyre called], anybody got opinions or input on this subject?.

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
woodrat not sure what an emergancy bivi is, maybe they havent hit the uk, as for regular bivis i got an ex-army one but not very good but it does the job and i always use it!

woodrat

Forager
Dec 31, 2004
Oregon U.S.A.
I have a few different ones, a adventure medical model I got from campmor, and the other is a T.P.A., thermal protective aid. the other is one I made myself,will tell you about it sometime. the web catologs where you can check the first 2 are as follows ---www.campmor.com,[I'm pretty sure thats right], the other is www.epcamps.com item no. 550061, over here they are part of commercial life raft surrvival gear, the T.P.A.s, thats how I got mine. thanks agian for your help tomtom and ed you guys great.

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Woodrat, we don't really have these over here....I think the nearest we get is old Ex-RAF and Ex-Navy survival suits and maybe a few bits and bobs from the Northsea Oil Industry. We don't really have rivers that are rafted in really remote areas and so the need for one of these is limited to us.....the UK is small enough that you can walk out of most places in a few hours and certainly in a day or so.

Tomtom....what makes you say the ex-army bivibag isn't very good....I think mine is great and as I got it free it's even better!!!!! :eek:):

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
mine tends to have problems with condensation, its one of the newer ex-army ones rather then the older ex-army ones wich i hear dont have this problem!

woodrat

Forager
Dec 31, 2004
Oregon U.S.A.
my t.p.a. is large enough a sleeping bag will fit inside no problem. I think that condensation problem would be the same. the other one from adventure medical is nice, very compact, just got it a couple months ago and have not had chance to try it out. will let you all know how it works out.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE