Show us your sheds!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Yeah, I know what your saying about the platen mate. Very specific for knife-making! Every day's a school day! I like the table on the grinder. Must have taken a bit of mastering in use? I can see me messing up a few knives before I get the feel of it! What power motor is in the grinder?

800w induction motor. Runs fairly quietly. I learnt how to make knives in that format, so i find it pretty easy and instinctual now. I do most full flats freehand these days. Found that easier than using the table as it has to be set at such a shallow angle i need to add an extension and then I'm working at the back of the grinder, furthest from the motor. Its slow work like that, and i have to lean over most of it. Not good. :)

You're a very tidy man Mark :D

I'd just cleaned it out then lol. It gets messy and dusty regularly. Clean it out a couple of times a month. Needs to be fairly tidy though when you have such a small work space. No extraction either unfortunately.

Mike313

Nomad
Apr 6, 2014
South East
I can't show you pictures of my shed because I haven't got one! I have been known to clamp an old bread board to the kitchen worktop to use as a work bench (and I'm not joking!).
But I'm planning to either buy one or build one this year. Thanks knifeman for starting this thread and also those who shared the photos. I am getting increased motivation from them!

dazcon

Nomad
Jan 8, 2010
clydebank
I can't show you pictures of my shed because I haven't got one! I have been known to clamp an old bread board to the kitchen worktop to use as a work bench (and I'm not joking!).
But I'm planning to either buy one or build one this year. Thanks knifeman for starting this thread and also those who shared the photos. I am getting increased motivation from them!

I made a dozen or so knives in the kitchen. Had to dry the dishes and wipe up before I could get the tools out. You've got to make the most of what you've got. Very few of us already had a workshop and needed to come up with a reason to use it! Where there's a will there's a way!..... That's very true!!

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Can agree with that. I don't really have a house, just a workshop with a bed and tv in it. Shed has the metal/woodwork tools, living room has the office, cellar is my heat treatment room, bedroom has a leather workshop and Rachaels jewellery workshop in it. Only room i don't use for work is the bathroom (1 bed, back to back house).

Very few of us already had a workshop and needed to come up with a reason to use it! Where there's a will there's a way!..... That's very true!!

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Our shed is full of gardening kit so I cannot work in there BUT - I have taken over the garage and you will never get a car in there again!
My leatherwork and sewing is done in what was once the spare bedroom - but you will never get a bed in there now!

knifeman

Forager
May 27, 2015
england
Here's my workshop. only 10 x 7 ft, not enough room to swing a cat really.

I would love some of these bad boys!
I forgot to say. I have another shed that I use for woodworking and knife making but it's to really needs a clean out. And u do all my leatherwork in on a desk in my bedroom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE