Show us your Bushcraft users

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mountainwalker

Forager
Oct 30, 2008
Sydney
The Ka Bar BK2 looks like it could and has taken some abuse, is it any good?

Yes, it's not a bad knife. Unlike anything I have ever owned, it's built like a tank and yet it only has a 5 inch blade. For more thoughts on the BK2 check out my blog for a recent review. I think it will end up being a knife I take outback on motorbike trips, not sure if I will take it on multi day hikes.

It's a reasonable alternative to a small axe.

The other ka-bar in the pic has also taken a lot of abuse. I know a lot of Bushcrafters dislike this style of knife; and whilst I have some great scandi blades I end up taking one of the ka-bar's on most outings. The Fallkniven S1 may give the ka-bar a run for it's money, haven't used it yet.

Last edited:
W

waldorf

Really like Ben Orfords work
007-1.jpg

spader

Native
Dec 19, 2009
Scotland
picture100326-019a.jpg

From top right: CRKT M60, Fallkniven H1, Cold Steel Master Hunter Carbon V, Carl Schlieper Trophy Line, Stag Handled Scalper,
From bottom right: R. Cooper Bowie, ENZO Trapper D2, Seved Survival, Spydie Bushcrafter.

picture100326-025a.jpg

picture100326-027a.jpg

picture100326-021a.jpg

Last edited:

Itzal

Nomad
Mar 3, 2010
N Yorks
Yes, it's not a bad knife. Unlike anything I have ever owned, it's built like a tank and yet it only has a 5 inch blade. For more thoughts on the BK2 check out my blog for a recent review. I think it will end up being a knife I take outback on motorbike trips, not sure if I will take it on multi day hikes.

It's a reasonable alternative to a small axe.

The other ka-bar in the pic has also taken a lot of abuse. I know a lot of Bushcrafters dislike this style of knife; and whilst I have some great scandi blades I end up taking one of the ka-bar's on most outings. The Fallkniven S1 may give the ka-bar a run for it's money, haven't used it yet.

thanks for the honest approach, I like the chunky design of the Ka Bar, and its bombproof look. Price range?

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
Here is mine
This one I made but I think I will replace it soon.

latestknife2-1.jpg

I made the small whittler the Lueku is froma KITH on BB

Bigknife.jpg

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I'm loving the shape of the Deval Bushcrafter. It looks superb, and very purposeful. Great design.

Cheers, it took four years of buying expensive knives and commissioning even more to get this design right for me. I imagine that I spent 20x more than most to get everything absolutely perfect to my hand and eye. Stu pulled it off 100% and I can not praise him enough for the time he spent talking to me throughout the making of the first to the sixth (I just commissioned a seventh off him). If he charged as much as a solicitor for his time, I'd owe him near to £100K.

Here is the original drawing I gave him compared to number 5 which I got last year and is my main user now. I have removed the detailed specs as Stu really is the only person that knows this knife inside out and can make it 100% correct, everytime.

03Mar2010-1.jpg

mtnfolk mike

Tenderfoot
Sep 13, 2006
felton, CA... US.
wow.. great looking knives folks...:eek: there are some amzing knifemakers in the U.K..:)

here is some of my most recent additions to my woods/bushcraft knives..:D

Mark Wohlwend/Ray Laconico bushcrafter..

Spyderco bushcrafter.. (not one of the 2nd's)

Fiddleback Forge Terrasaur... sheath made by me..

Bushcraft Northwest BCNW-01 and Blindhorse Knives "boat tail scandi"..
IMG_6814.jpg

here's another made by knifemaker Mark Wohlwend (here in the states).. nice and compact little knife, wicked sharp too..
IMG_7029.jpg

cheers.. Mike

Last edited:

Mountainwalker

Forager
Oct 30, 2008
Sydney
wow.. great looking knives folks...:eek: there are some amzing knifemakers in the U.K..:)

here is some of my most recent additions to my woods/bushcraft knives..:D

Mark Wohlwend/Ray Laconico bushcrafter..

Spyderco bushcrafter.. (not one of the 2nd's)

Fiddleback Forge Terrasaur... sheath made by me..

Bushcraft Northwest BCNW-01 and Blindhorse Knives "boat tail scandi"..
IMG_6814.jpg

here's another made by knifemaker Mark Wohlwend (here in the states).. nice and compact little knife, wicked sharp too..
IMG_7029.jpg

cheers.. Mike

Nice knives. I should be receiving My Off the Map Terrasuar from Brian Andrews in a few weeks. I have been on a waiting list for 3 months and finally got the email to say work was under way. This will be my first custom knife, so very excited. I didn't realise that the Joe Flowers Terrasuar design was also made by Fiddleback knives. I hope mine looks as good as your example.

heath

Settler
Jan 20, 2006
Birmingham
Heath
I love these but give some details on the sheaths

Thanks Brancho

The sheaths are made from split leather, the undyed one looks much better now it's a bit grubby but it's not as good a fit as the smaller one, it has the proper click that you're supposed to get.

PRKL

Nomad
Jan 27, 2010
Finland
Sorry for drooling guys,

i just wanted to lift e few hats up an turn into green out of envy:

-Stuart m, that is one hellova nice picture,not that the knife it self woudnt be just beauty,but that picture...nice job.

-robevs73, where did u get an idea to that ype of sheath,u didnt happen to take any pictures of it while you made it,it is really different than most and i like it a lot,it looks sturdy and reliable indeed.

-mountainwalker,are those Fiddlebacks something taht can be bought?
its really plain and i love that old timer look of it.Oh and hey,not a bad sheath either.I have large interest on rugged sheaths so im always spying here for ideas u know.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE