Show us your Bushcraft users

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Prawnster

Jun 24, 2008
St. Helens
Here's mine but it doesn't look quite as new these days and I've re-shaped the handle to make it bit more rounded and comfy for my girlie hands.

knifemar09019.jpg

Draven

Native
Jul 8, 2006
Scotland
I think it's massive :pokenest: and the rest are a really good size :D

I'm not tiny, I'm just on the small side. I take a 6 or a 6.5 in a glove.
Besides, I can do anything with those knives that you can do with the bigger ones :approve:

Lol sorry I'm a giant anyway at 6'4" :p The 2010 really does look bigger than I expected though, I usually find the Mora handles a bit on the small side!

Pete

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Ah well, I'm all of 5' 2.5" and that extra half inch is important......it makes me above average height for Scotswomen :D

The Mora2010 is big, but it's surprisingly comfortable and what at first seems to be a totally weird blade profile is actually really useful :approve:
It's also a light knife weightwise, doesn't feel like a lump of lead in a pack :cool:

cheers,
Toddy

Last edited:

Draven

Native
Jul 8, 2006
Scotland
That's a stunner Dazcon!

Ah well, I'm all of 5' 2.5" and that extra half inch is important......it makes me above average height for Scotswomen :D

The Mora2010 is big, but it's surprisingly comfortable and what at first seems to be a totally weird blade profile is actually really useful :approve:
It's also a light knife weightwise, doesn't feel like a lump of lead in a pack :cool:

cheers,
Toddy
Lol well I've known a few 4'10" scots so 5' 2 1/2" ain't too bad :p
I thought the blade grind was pretty weird at first too but the more I think about it, the more sense it makes - on larger knives I usually think of the end section being robust for chopping and the bottom section being finer for slicing and planing, but on a smaller knife I think it's just what you need - a thin section at the end for skinning and food prep with the more robust bit near the handle for power cuts and planing. I think I've just been talked into buying one at some point :D

hollowdweller

Forager
Mar 3, 2006
appalachia
These have only gotten SOME use so far
lauri.jpg

sheaths6.jpg

This one has got a lot of use

chike16ei9.jpg

This one too
koster1bh8.jpg

tf3.jpg

I've used this one some but only when it's supposed to be raining when I go.
bga10.jpg

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
A few of my favourites....
Damascusbushy.jpg

Cherry on e-bay Damascus (aint failed yet...) 3mm Veg tan sheath - the firesteel has been replaced with an Antler handled one,
MyVikingknifeandsheath.jpg

Hand forged Saex/Wharncliffe (on a Dave Budd course) Oak handle 3mm veg tanned with antler rings
There are a few more but the camera is packed for the upcoming trip....

Siberianfury

Native
Jan 1, 1970
mendip hills, somerset
A few of my favourites....
Damascusbushy.jpg

Cherry on e-bay Damascus (aint failed yet...) 3mm Veg tan sheath - the firesteel has been replaced with an Antler handled one,
MyVikingknifeandsheath.jpg

Hand forged Saex/Wharncliffe (on a Dave Budd course) Oak handle 3mm veg tanned with antler rings
There are a few more but the camera is packed for the upcoming trip....

nice couple of sharps john, how are you liking the B&T?

Siberianfury

Native
Jan 1, 1970
mendip hills, somerset
Great thread this :)

May I ask Sf, the B&T below, what do you use it for?

Stu.

mostly game prep and whittling, its usualy my choice when out with the airgun.

the narrow blades great for delicate tasks and slicing, however i tend to opt for a thicker blade like the northwest or my enzo when i need more of an allarounder and may need to do some heavy battoning.

JustJoel

Oct 4, 2009
Galloway, Ohio
PRKL, I like those knives very much. Nice work on them. goodjob

I like to thump around with this one...
necker_bknife_1.jpg

in its neck sheath...
necker_bknife_2.jpg
neckersth1.jpg

Sometimes I take this big guy along. It'll take a thumping. :D It weighs nearly as much as my axe though so... usually not.

pfiletline.jpg

Joel

Last edited:

Mountainwalker

Forager
Oct 30, 2008
Sydney
march%202010%20031.JPG

Here is my collection of assorted blades. It's easy to see which ones have had the most use

Left column: ka-bar BK2: Svord DP: Helle Besseggen: Helle fjellkniven:

Right column: Syderco Bushcraft: Boker arbolito: Mora: Ka-bar Short marine: Fallkniven S1 (brand new)

Last edited:

Itzal

Nomad
Mar 3, 2010
N Yorks
march%202010%20031.JPG

Here is my collection of assorted blades. It's easy to see which ones have had the most use

Left column: ka-bar BK2: Svord DP: Helle Besseggen: Helle fjellkniven:

Right column: Syderco Bushcraft: Boker arbolito: Mora: Ka-bar Short marine: Fallkniven S1 (brand new)

The Ka Bar BK2 looks like it could and has taken some abuse, is it any good?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE