Sabre 45 internal frame

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stickbow

Tenderfoot
Aug 11, 2006
Northampton England
Hi there
Has anyone got a Karrimor sabre 45 and if so how do you conform the F format internal frame to fit your back, or does it not matter that much?
Thanks for any comments.

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
The best way is to get a mate to hold the panel against your back to see where it needs to be bent to fit,I have had several FFormat sacks but have never altered the frame as once the sack is filled it tends to straighten the frame anyway.

M

Maverick47

Same here, rip it out, it'll make the pack lighter aswell.

stickbow

Tenderfoot
Aug 11, 2006
Northampton England
I think some of you must have a different FFormat to me, mine is removable and is a piece of semi flexible soft board stuff about 10-12 inches wide and 18-20 inches long.
Maybe they have updated the stuff I don't know!
Cheers anyway

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Stickbow,the wire is sandwich'd between the foam board, i took mine outof the foam put foam to use for something else and binned the wire, its hard to get the wire to do anything like mould to your back and i personnely find the pack more comfy without.

Mastino

Settler
Mar 8, 2006
Netherlands
I took some alu strips and made a square frame using rivets. Then fixed the frame to the foam 'frame' with duct tape and bent it to shape (pay particular care at the underside, it sould be roundish in order to fit the lower back). I'm tallish for the 45 but with this frame it became very comfy.

Nat

Sep 4, 2007
York, North Yorkshire
Take it out and bin it or use it for something else. It cuts the weight down with it out aswell.
Pain in the **** to mold it to your back shape.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE