Rough Close ~ November'11 ~ TORM Meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Thanks Sally - just pleased to help

UPDATE RE CHAIR - I have received an e-mail from myself saying that I will meet up with me tomorrow (My other me knows that I am busy today). So no further news till then. (From either of us)

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Further update - have now unpacked and cannot see anything unusual about the chair - however I am fully expecting to hear from my future self tomorrow - see new avatar (thanks Turbogirl for the idea)

Me and Adam had a great time as usual. Thanks Phi,l for the facilitation.
Thanks to my Axe mask mentors, Chad and Lee, for the top tips and thanks for the materials Chad. The mask is now glued and ready for the next step.
Thanks Sally for a spot of DO stew. Was great to meet everyone again.

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
?so that means the options are:
  1. nothing was done to the chair or
  2. something was done to the chair but by someone else or
  3. something was done by you to the general space around where I was sitting or
  4. something was done by someone else to the general space around where I was sitting or
  5. a combination of 2,3 and 4

Well ... I met my future self earlier today (or was it later - I get so confused sometimes) - and I have to say that I thought I looked in pretty good condition for a 55,210 year old man - I would have thought they had invented a cure for baldness/thinning hair by then but apparently not.

So I now have it on excellent authority that it was definitely option 1 - nothing was done to the chair.

By the way, the main reason for the 'no baldness cure' is that by 57,221 humans have no body hair anyway, and everyone is comfortable with that. However it does mean that you have to buy a special piece of hairy material when you want to test the sharpness of your (old style) metal knife as you have no hairs on your forearms (what is left of them anyway - apparently fingers got longer and forearms got shorter when humans had to push buttons for everything and even when telepathic powers were developed the long fingers and short foreams remained and have not yet/then become atrophied by lack of use.)

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
But what about the things that were ON the chair?

Ah well - I didn't ask my future self about that. And if you did put something on the chair then I may well have not seen it - not surprising as I am not the most observant person in the world and obviously still won't be in 50-odd thousand year's time.

I concentrated on stuff like winning lottery numbers (shallow I know but there it is). So I guess I will have to confess that the real reason I won't be at the January RC meet is because I will by then have won the eurolottery rollover jackpot and will be receiving my cheque on that Saturday evening from Tony Blair. EDIT - because that is how I pay for the time travel

One thing I forgot to mention is that the hairy material is special because it re-grows when you have trimmed it.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2011
coventry
heelo all i am new to the forum and i already have my name down for januarys meet i was wondering if there is any pictures anywhere from novembers meet as i am keen to know what to expect thanks see you all soon! joe

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
heelo all i am new to the forum and i already have my name down for januarys meet i was wondering if there is any pictures anywhere from novembers meet as i am keen to know what to expect thanks see you all soon! joe

Have a look at past thread in the Midlands section for previous threads of meets.

There's loads threads with pics there, usually marked by 'Pic Heavy' :rolleyes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE