Rough Close ~ Midlands ~ May Meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Date: 13 - 15 May 2011.

Arrival time: from 17:00 on the 13th

Fees: Payment on arrival. If you haven't been before, someone will be able to point you in my direction.

As per usual, we're on PC11 ~ thats PC11.

As per usual, the location is Rough Close.

Location info taken from the link above:

City of Coventry Scout County
Rough Close Scout Campsite
Tanners Lane
Berkswell
CV7 7DD

OS: Grid Ref: SP264779 (Site Access): SP266786 (Site Centre):

This is a child friendly site and your youngsters are welcome.

Site fees are £4.40 per person per night.

Helpful info:

The list isn't exhaustive - common sense applies. If in doubt, ask!

• Any monies given (by individuals, groups, families etc) which is above the camping fees will be automatically considered to be a donation to Rough Close campsite to aid with site maintenance, site regeneration etc.

• Forum members are responsible for themselves, the kit they use and their own actions (and any non member accompanying them) at the Meet.

• Under 18's must be accompanied by at least one parent (or legal guardian).

• You brought it in, you take it out – camping fees do not include a rubbish collection fee. The sites bin is the big orange thing in the camper’s car park.

• Responsible drinking of alcohol is ok – drugs are prohibited! Please don't walk through another groups pitch whilst drinking alcohol and/or smoking.

• Please keep ‘colourful language’ reasonable and to a reasonable volume.

• Vehicles need to be parked up in the campers car park. The parking by the cabin is for the use of those using the cabin and/or the field.

• Wood fires must be raised and contained. Periodically there is a shortage of wood available to burn - if you want to cook on an open fire, bring a supply of wood or charcoal.

• It would be wise to be carrying a torch before it gets dark! It could also be provident to put markers on your shelter so you can find it in the dark.

• In the highly unlikely event that I need to make use of this ... I reserve the right to stop any individual(s) from attending a Meet. Any individual(s) who I feel endanger our future use of the site will be required to leave the site; outstanding fees will still be owed.

• Did I mention that we're booked onto PC E L E V E N ?

The 'Touchy Subject' bit:

Because the site is, first and foremost, a Scout camp site, the only people we can't accommodate are those who would, purposely or otherwise, do harm to others. Primarily, this means that if you would be found unfit to adopt or foster a child then you can’t come along – same goes for anyone knowingly under investigation or having had an allegation made against them and is awaiting investigation.

It's fine if you want to:

be on your own
lay on your back looking at the sky, clouds, birds flying over etc
whittle
practice 'stuff' - except tree felling; the site has strong opinions about that :lmao:
practice flora and fauna ID
so on and so forth ...

This is, in no way, a bushcraft course and it's for you to make of it what you will.

Copy and paste yada yada ...

Meet List:

By adding your name you acknowledge that you have read and will comply with post #01 of this thread and accept that it can (and probably will) be edited before the Meet.

decorum

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Nice one Phil :)

By adding your name you acknowledge that you have read and will comply with post #01 of this thread and accept that it can (and probably will) be edited before the Meet.

decorum
Mesquite

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
What with all the PC 11 stuff????

It has been noticed by the site management that, as a group, we are using pitches other than the one we have actually booked to use. If I can, I'll get in early at the May Meet and put a rope up so that people can see the path more easily ~ if you don't know it well, it's easily missed :confused: :dunno: :confused: .

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester

decorum
Karl82 [TBC]

PeterH

Settler
Oct 29, 2007
Milton Keynes

decorum
Mesquite
Karl82 [TBC]
Bodge +1
PeterH [TBC]

Changed Scout appointment ..... Welcome back to the occasional weekend!

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.

decorum
Mesquite
Karl82 [TBC]
Bodge +1
PeterH [TBC]
Ged [TBC] All right, I'm sorry! But in my defence I didn't know I wasn't on PC11 and even if I had nobody had told me I shouldn't have been where I was. It won't happen again. :)

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I can't believe people would pitch in the wrong place <<>> What is the world coming to? I say burn em, burn em all.:campfire::deadhorse:

:rofl::nana::27:

>>> in my defence I didn't know I wasn't <<<

Not to worry Ged :lmao:

PeterH said:
Changed Scout appointment ..... Welcome back to the occasional weekend!

It can be a bit like that ~ but being booked at the weekends does mean that you were part of an active area (SWMBO'S ACC scouts)

Meet List:

decorum
Mesquite
Karl82 [TBC]
Bodge +1
PeterH [TBC]
Ged [TBC]

PeterH

Settler
Oct 29, 2007
Milton Keynes
It can be a bit like that ~ but being booked at the weekends does mean that you were part of an active area (SWMBO'S ACC scouts)

Finished as DC on 31st March, having taken on County DofE instead from Feb .... Expedition assessments start this weekend, I like assessing rather than supervising; you get to go out, don't camp near the group and are not responsible !

Muddy Boots

Settler
May 27, 2009
warwickshire
Meet List:

decorum
Mesquite
Karl82 [TBC]
Bodge +1
PeterH [TBC]
Ged [TBC]
Muddy Boots

Not sure if this is going to be just a day visit but will be making an appearance at some point at the weekend.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
The remaining Tilley Stormlight from this thread is still up for grabs and will be available for pick up from the May Meet. All the details are in the linked thread.

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Meet List:

decorum
Mesquite
Karl82 [TBC]
Bodge +1
PeterH [TBC]
Ged [TBC]
Muddy Boots
MartinK9 (TBC)

PeterH

Settler
Oct 29, 2007
Milton Keynes
Meet List:

decorum
Mesquite
Karl82 [TBC]
Bodge +1
PeterH
Ged [TBC]
Muddy Boots
MartinK9 (TBC)

Last edited:

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
Meet List:

decorum
Mesquite
Karl82 [TBC]
Bodge +1
PeterH
Ged [TBC]
Muddy Boots
MartinK9 (TBC)
Andy2112

Andy T

Settler
Sep 8, 2010
Stoke on Trent.
Meet List:

decorum
Mesquite
Karl82 [TBC]
Bodge +1
PeterH
Ged [TBC]
Muddy Boots
MartinK9 (TBC)
Andy2112
Andy T (tbc)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE