Rough Close Meet - September 2010.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Again a really great friendly meet. It's always good to see old friends and new faces :)

Thanks Phil for facilitating usual and also to Jonathan for bringing his little slowworm along, nice to see he's gone to a good home :D

Here's some pics of the meet, I actually managed to take a few this time :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
And here's young Adam, the proud owner of probably the best vine stick I've seen in a long time :D
P1020610.jpg

And Gary trimming it up for him :)
P1020608.jpg

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I just got back today - having been to the Outdoor Trade Show straight after the meet...
Thanks to Decorum for holding the meet and everyone there for making it so good!
Special thanks to JD for the mags that show me in action in ,87!
I also met more members at the show - thanks for the company.
I also got a few minutes of chat with Ray Mears - who was at the show to launch his involvement with 5:11 clothing (looking good - remembered me from way back, forgave me for slagging the Wilkie survival knife, is still into his canoeing, refused to invite me to visit his place to paddle the Birchbark canoe despite a hefty hint, talked a lot of good sence about clothing, accepted a flint and steel kit off me and signed a 5:11 poster for me) - and a few words with Simon King who was also interested in 5:11 kit.
Since I started wearing it the celebs seemed to have cottoned on to the gear...reverse celebrity endorsement? :)

Now I just have to get all the gear I picked up at the show tested and reviewed...including some more 5:11 kit!

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
John is that a plug !!!!

I thought you didn't like modern new fangled things :) next you be saying you've got a spork :D

On re-reading my post I can see that you could think it a plug ....but it aint one realy (no connection blah blah yadda) only an observation :)
As to newfangled ...cotton clothing, well designed and strongly made...can't call that a new concept - just an old one that too many manufacturers now ignore!

I was tempted to get a Ti Spork at the show - to ritually humiliate it by showing how inferior it is to a hand carved bit of kit! :)
But I felt sorry for it in the end and left it to be bought by a poor, unknowing, camper :D

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
That's perfect. My pictures didn't come out as sharp as I wanted, but your first one will easily allow me to ID him again should I come across him next year, which is likely.

PREPER

Settler
Dec 31, 2009
Notts
I just got back today - having been to the Outdoor Trade Show straight after the meet...
Thanks to Decorum for holding the meet and everyone there for making it so good!
Special thanks to JD for the mags that show me in action in ,87!
I also met more members at the show - thanks for the company.
I also got a few minutes of chat with Ray Mears - who was at the show to launch his involvement with 5:11 clothing (looking good - remembered me from way back, forgave me for slagging the Wilkie survival knife, is still into his canoeing, refused to invite me to visit his place to paddle the Birchbark canoe despite a hefty hint, talked a lot of good sence about clothing, accepted a flint and steel kit off me and signed a 5:11 poster for me) - and a few words with Simon King who was also interested in 5:11 kit.
Since I started wearing it the celebs seemed to have cottoned on to the gear...reverse celebrity endorsement? :)

Now I just have to get all the gear I picked up at the show tested and reviewed...including some more 5:11 kit!

John,

I'm confused, I had my 5.11 shirt on at the meet and you didn't ask me to sign anything.
And you GAVE away a flint and steel, I was willing to pay cash, I only asked for a small discount. :puppy_dog

PREPER........... :)

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
John,

I'm confused, I had my 5.11 shirt on at the meet and you didn't ask me to sign anything.
And you GAVE away a flint and steel, I was willing to pay cash, I only asked for a small discount. :puppy_dog

PREPER........... :)

You could have signed a cheque for me :D
The Fire Steel giftee wasa intended for RM to pass on to a well deserving individual (RM meets more than I do:) ).... as well as getting his attention, doing a bit for the BC movement and perhaps generating more interest in my firesteels! :D

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I was tempted to get a Ti Spork at the show - to ritually humiliate it by showing how inferior it is to a hand carved bit of kit! :)
But I felt sorry for it in the end and left it to be bought by a poor, unknowing, camper :D

They won't be that poor if they can afford to buy a titanium spork :rolleyes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE