Rough Close Meet - September 2010.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Date: 24 - 26 September 2010.

Arrival time: from 17:00 on the 24th

Fees: I need to have all monies before 10am on the Sunday.

As per usual, we're on PC11 :cool: . At the moment there are people booked to use both the Guild Field and PC10.

As per usual, the location is Rough Close.

This is a child friendly site and your youngsters are welcome.

Site map and Grey scale map

Site fees are £4.40 - Important! - please note that any monies given (by individuals, groups, families etc) which is above the camping fees will be automatically considered to be a donation to Rough Close campsite to aid with site maintenance, site regeneration etc.

Following on from the ’Leave no Trace’ thread and to try to pre-empt possible problems:

What follows is going to make the Meet (and site) seem to be very rule bound – in fact both are quite relaxed.
These rules are there because we, as a group, and the site have a reputation to maintain. Unfortunately the world is full of critics who love to point a finger – and we're there on the trust that we’ve worked hard to gain.

This list isn't exhaustive - common sense applies. If in doubt, Ask!

Forum members are responsible for themselves, the kit they use and their own actions at a Meet – if you bring along family (or a friend) then you also accept responsibility for them and their actions whilst they are on site.

Forum members under the age of 18 are welcome. However, they must be accompanied by at least one parent (or legal guardian).

You brought it in, you take it out – camping fees do not include a rubbish collection fee! The sites bin is the big orange thing in the campers car park.

Fees must be paid. It’s rare, but sometimes people forget.

Responsible drinking of alcohol is ok – drugs are prohibited!
This is a scouting site and is not open to the general public - please don't walk through another groups pitch whilst drinking alcohol and/or smoking.

‘Appropriate’ behaviour: The site can, at any time, decline a booking – they can also ask* us (individually or wholly) to leave during the Meet. Be aware that other users of the site might be passing by our pitch at any time of the day or night – I do get feedback!

* i.e. Tell. The site is registered as educational land, there is neither a choice nor an ability to negotiate. Fees would still be owed!

Dropping kit off: The parking bay by the adjacent Guild Field is for the use of those who have booked the field (and/or cabin). If the field/cabin is booked for use then it is a requirement that permission is sought (and given) before you drive down.

Parking: Vehicles need to be parked up in the campers car park.

Fires: Open fires must be raised and contained. Periodically there is a shortage of wood available to burn - if you want to cook on an open fire bring a supply of wood or charcoal

Food: Unless organised prior to the Meet, you need to bring enough food to feed yourself while you are at the Meet.
Accidents do happen and people will try to help out where they can - If you are visiting someone else’s pitch do not expect to be fed.

Use the appropriate tools at the appropriate times.

It would be wise to be carrying a torch before it gets dark! It could also be provident to put markers on your shelter so you can find it in the dark.

The pitch is suitable for using tents, hammocks and bivvies - use what you have and are comfortable using. Even with 30+ using the pitch there is still ample room to bring/use one type and trial/experiment with another.

If you stick your name down and can no longer make it, please say so.

Please note that, on occassion, the first post will be edited to include better information. Although updates/edits will be posted in the thread, the first post needs to be re-read well in advance of the Meet

In the highly unlikely event that I need to make use of this ... I reserve the right to stop any individual(s) from attending a Meet. Any individual(s) who I feel endanger our future use of the site will be required to leave the site(outstanding fees will still be owed)

The 'Touchy Subject' bit:

Because the site is, first and foremost, a Scout camp site, the only people we can't accommodate are those who would, purposely or otherwise, do harm to others. Primarily, this means that if you would be found unfit to adopt or foster a child then you can’t come along – same goes for anyone knowingly under investigation or having had an allegation made against them and is awaiting investigation.

It's fine if you want to:

be on your own
lay on your back looking at the sky, clouds, birds flying over et.c
whittle
practice 'stuff' - except tree felling; the site has strong opinions about that :lmao:
practice flora and fauna i.d
so on and so forth ...

This is, in no way, a bushcraft course and it's for you to make of it what you will.

Copy and paste etc.

Meet List:

By adding your name you acknowledge that you have read and will comply with post #01 of this thread and accept that it can (and probably will) be edited before the Meet.

decorum

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Meet List:

By adding your name you acknowledge that you have read and will comply with post #01 of this thread and accept that it can (and probably will) be edited before the Meet.

decorum
MartinK9
JonathanD
Twodogs

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Steve, can you edit Jonathan back into the list - again :lmao: - EDIT - cheers bud ;)

And can you include the bit between the Meet list and the names ...

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
OK whose reponsible for my name getting all wrong?!?

T'was not me ;)

JonathanD

... can you edit Jonathan back into the list - again ...

Also, would anyone be interested in a Brit reptile ID tutorial, with live reps?

That'd be interesting :cool:

Meet List:

decorum
MartinK9
Mesquite
JonathanD
Twodogs

Last edited:

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Twas that pesky Mesquite. Not only did he miss me off the list, he then went and re-invented my name, with H's and O's in place of A's and allsorts. I see how Allan Woods gets all upset now.

Meet List:

decorum
MartinK9
Mesquite
JonathanD
Twodogs

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Steve, can you edit Jonathan back into the list - again :lmao: - EDIT - cheers bud ;)

And can you include the bit between the Meet list and the names ...

The ruddy posts kept changing as I typed :rolleyes:

OK whose reponsible for my name getting all wrong?!?

Me probably as the posts kept changing and I'm on a laptop with a dodgy touchpad :lmao::lmao:

Also, would anyone be interested in a Brit reptile ID tutorial, with live reps?

Yes please :D

Meet List:

decorum
MartinK9
Mesquite
JohnathonD
Twodogs

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Oi! never mind complaining about the vowel play - can we please not edit out the bit that was purposely put between 'Meet List:' and the list of names - so that it couldn't be accidently omitted :lmao:

Meet List:

decorum
MartinK9
Mesquite
JonathanD
Twodogs

Last edited:

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Oi! never mind complaining about the vowel play -can we please not edit out the bit that was purposely put between 'Meet List:' and the list of names - so that it couldn't be accidently omitted :lmao:

But he did it again, he's a bad man, a very bad man. he should also remember that if I do the reptile tutorial, it wouldn't take too much to stick an adder in his hammock.

Meet List:

decorum
MartinK9
MissQuite
JonathanD
Twodogs

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
I hope to make it, Start my new unit at the end of august and not fully aware of what happening yet, but I will confirm closer to the date.

Meet List:

decorum
MartinK9
Mesquite
JohnathonD
Twodogs
TinkyPete (TBC)

Hope to see you there :)

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
But he did it again, he's a bad man, a very bad man. he should also remember that if I do the reptile tutorial, it wouldn't take too much to stick an adder in his hammock.

Caught it! TinkyPete's faut!

Meet List:

- if, when I add my name to the list, I fail to copy and paste all of the words between 'Meet List' and the names on the list I will pay an extra £1 per night for myself and each extra I bring with me
decorum
MartinK9
Mesquite
JonathanD
Twodogs
TinkyPete (TBC)

Last edited:

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
:( Is it cause I have missed the last couple due to work?

Do you mean the red and blue bits - between the Meet List and the names?

The red bit is there so that no one at the Meet can't legitimately say 'Where did it say that?'

The blue bit's there because the red bit keeps getting edited out - I was typing it whilst you were posting. Until I'd posted I didn't know that you'd done the same as others. Call it incentive - you narrowly squeezed through before the 'donation' was added :lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE