Rough Close ~ March '11

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
This meet im going to do a 15 pice kit challange im setting myself meaning i can only take 15 items with me to the meet, excluding food drink and clothes, stove and fule is one item as is wash kit and first aid kit but only items relating to each are alowed in it so no hiding a spork in the kit's. everything else is one item, for example spork item1 cup item 2 tarp item3 and so on. forgot to mention your pack is also one item.
anyone else want to try this with me?

Last edited:

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
This meet im going to do a 15 pice kit challange im setting myself meaning i can only take 15 items with me to the meet, excluding food drink and clothes, stove and fule is one item as is wash kit and first aid kit but only items relating to each are alowed in it so no hiding a spork in the kit's. everything else is one item, for example spork item1 cup item 2 tarp item3 and so on. forgot to mention your pack is also one item.

Post-it notes at the ready!!!!! ;) Don't worry, we'll sing songs about you if we can remember any, lol.

Has Tank and myself's Summer Challenge got you thinking Karl?

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton

Erm, bergen, tarp, sleeping bag and 12 Carling for me? I'm well up for some minimal meets when it's a bit warmer, I reckon I could do it with practically nothing. I'd be saving the Coventry Dominos on my phone first though!

15 items in March would be a good challenge but I'll bow out of this one for now. I was planning on bringing kit to play with this time round. Good plan though Karl, I'm sure you'll do it no worries.

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire

Would love to; but with 12 knives to sell I'd just have a bergen and jervens bag left :yikes::lmao:

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
food and drink are not apart of the 15 items. clothes are not part of the 15 items. my kit list is as follows.
1:pack
2:tarp
3:hammock
4:rollmat
5:underblanket
6:sleepingbag
7: methsburner + fule as my original post this is one item no pots included or alowed.
8:firesteel
9:spork
10:crusaidercup
11:Knife
12:waterbottle
13:first aid kit [no items in the kit that are not to do with first aid]
14:wash kit [no items in the kit that are not to do with persional hygine]
15:chair

as phil said stove and fule is one item so jerry can bricks and wood one item rack/grill would be another item.

yes Andy i got the idea of yours and Tims summer challange im going to do that one two but wanted to do a winter test to.

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
Karl just do what some people do turn up with nowt and blag food and kit off your mates then dont pay up for said kit ..... ,,,urban bushcraft ,,,works for some
Twodogs

Last edited:

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
lol Clif you offering me a room ro rent in your new massive Lavvu i will pay with labour collecting wood splitting wood and keeping the stove stoked just thik it could be a happy ending.:lmao::camping:

Muddy Boots

Settler
May 27, 2009
warwickshire
food and drink are not apart of the 15 items. clothes are not part of the 15 items. my kit list is as follows.
7: methsburner + fule as my original post this is one item no pots included or alowed.
13:first aid kit [no items in the kit that are not to do with first aid]

as phil said stove and fule is one item so jerry can bricks and wood one item rack/grill would be another item.

yes Andy i got the idea of yours and Tims summer challange im going to do that one two but wanted to do a winter test to.

Pitch your hammock right and you could dispense with the chair and put in a head torch maybe?

The light pollution in this part of the world though means it's not critical.

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
i like your thinking Mesquite im going to adopt your rule. my reasion you should never cary a knife without a first aid kit thats a golden rule.

list mended

13:Head tourch

Muddy Boots

Settler
May 27, 2009
warwickshire
i like your thinking Mesquite im going to adopt your rule. my reasion you should never cary a knife without a first aid kit thats a golden rule.

list mended

13:Head tourch

You've said food and drink are not part of the list fella.

You might as well drop the water bottle off then really.

Ok and I take it the crusader cup is what you are cooking in?

You intending on holding it over the meths burner with your hand?

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
nope water bottle has to stay as it counts i ment coffe and hot choclat dosent count as a item. i dont need to hold my crusaider cup on the meths burner i just put it on it as its one of AndyT's budwiser meths stoves the handles dont get hot :)

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
lol no im not Dave :( you need a water bottle to carry your water in so it counts or else ill be running off to the tap every time i want a coffe of i would have to do a bear and drink my urine and thats not happening.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE