Rough Close ~ March '11

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Date: 24 - 27 March 2011 (three nights).

Arrival time: from 17:00 on the 24th

EDIT: Please note that BST comes into effect at 01.00 on the Sunday morning.

Fees: Payment on arrival. If you haven't been before, someone will be able to point you in my direction.

As per usual, we're on PC11 :cool: .

As per usual, the location is Rough Close.

Location info taken from the link above:

City of Coventry Scout County
Rough Close Scout Campsite
Tanners Lane
Berkswell
CV7 7DD

OS: Grid Ref: SP264779 (Access): SP266786 (Site Centre):

This is a child friendly site and your youngsters are welcome.

Site map and Grey scale map

Site fees are £4.40 per person per night.

Helpful info:

The list isn't exhaustive - common sense applies. If in doubt, ask!

• Any monies given (by individuals, groups, families etc) which is above the camping fees will be automatically considered to be a donation to Rough Close campsite to aid with site maintenance, site regeneration etc.

• Forum members are responsible for themselves, the kit they use and their own actions (and any non member accompanying them) at the Meet.

• Under 18's must be accompanied by at least one parent (or legal guardian).

• You brought it in, you take it out – camping fees do not include a rubbish collection fee! The sites bin is the big orange thing in the camper’s car park.

• Responsible drinking of alcohol is ok – drugs are prohibited! Please don't walk through another groups pitch whilst drinking alcohol and/or smoking.

• Please keep ‘colourful language’ reasonable and to a reasonable volume.

• Vehicles need to be parked up in the campers car park. The parking by the cabin is for the use of those using the cabin and/or the field.

• Wood fires must be raised and contained. Periodically there is a shortage of wood available to burn - if you want to cook on an open fire, bring a supply of wood or charcoal.

• It would be wise to be carrying a torch before it gets dark! It could also be provident to put markers on your shelter so you can find it in the dark.

• In the highly unlikely event that I need to make use of this ... I reserve the right to stop any individual(s) from attending a Meet. Any individual(s) who I feel endanger our future use of the site will be required to leave the site; outstanding fees will still be owed.

The 'Touchy Subject' bit:

Because the site is, first and foremost, a Scout camp site, the only people we can't accommodate are those who would, purposely or otherwise, do harm to others. Primarily, this means that if you would be found unfit to adopt or foster a child then you can’t come along – same goes for anyone knowingly under investigation or having had an allegation made against them and is awaiting investigation.

It's fine if you want to:

be on your own
lay on your back looking at the sky, clouds, birds flying over etc
whittle
practice 'stuff' - except tree felling; the site has strong opinions about that :lmao:
practice flora and fauna ID
so on and so forth ...

This is, in no way, a bushcraft course and it's for you to make of it what you will.

Copy and paste yada yada ...

Meet List:

By adding your name you acknowledge that you have read and will comply with post #01 of this thread and accept that it can (and probably will) be edited before the Meet.

decorum

Last edited:

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Nice one Phil. :)

Meet List:

By adding your name you acknowledge that you have read and will comply with post #01 of this thread and accept that it can (and probably will) be edited before the Meet.

decorum
MartinK9

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Excellent I shall book the time off tomorrow :)

Meet List:

decorum
MartinK9

Snarf

Nomad
Mar 30, 2009
Birmingham
Meet List:

decorum
MartinK9
Mesquite
Snarf (tbc)

Quality, cant wait! putting my self down as TBC till i know what's. what.

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
Meet List:

decorum
MartinK9
Mesquite
Snarf (tbc)
TinkyPete (TBC due to work)

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Cheers Phil!

Meet List:

decorum
MartinK9
Mesquite
Snarf (tbc)
Sasquatch

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
decorum
MartinK9
Mesquite
Snarf (tbc)
Sasquatch
dave53

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
Meet List:

decorum
MartinK9
Mesquite
Snarf (tbc)
Sasquatch
dave53
Karl82 all 3 nights

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Meet List:

decorum
MartinK9
Mesquite
Snarf (tbc)
Sasquatch
dave53
Karl82 all 3 nights
Elines (TBC)

Meet List:

decorum
MartinK9
Mesquite
Snarf (tbc)
Sasquatch
dave53
Karl82 all 3 nights
Elines (TBC)
Man of tanith (tbc)
this will be my first meet be nice :)

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Meet List:

decorum
MartinK9
Mesquite
Snarf (tbc)
Sasquatch
dave53
Karl82 all 3 nights
Elines (TBC)
Man of tanith (tbc)
John Fenna
Only Zombie attack would stop me coming!

Andy T

Settler
Sep 8, 2010
Stoke on Trent.
decorum
MartinK9
Mesquite
Snarf (tbc)
Sasquatch
dave53
Karl82 all 3 nights
Elines (TBC)
Man of tanith (tbc)
John Fenna
Andy T

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
I'll be bringing some things to sell...:yikes:

Mainly most of my woodlores in various guises, depending on how many I get rid of at the North Wood Meet:rolleyes:

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I may find room for my "Swaps and Sales" bag... :)
Cash or swaps on the day only - no credit extended due to bad previous experiences - so bring your gear and wallets :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE