Response Pak show and tell

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
im currently trying to fit my equipment for an overnighter into a response pak [no tarp/sleeping as i will be making my own shelters]

the only problem i am having is fitting in a 58 pattern water bottle with crusader cup!

im thinking either attach a pouch going along the bottom of the pack by the two loops the handle goes through, or jut putting a pouch on the belt. any ideas as to which would be better?

also, what would be the pest pouch for it? most of the ones i have tried seem too roomy for a tight fit.

Aug 16, 2011
Caterham
Your Blow Pipe looks that it has a camo look, can I ask where you got this form and what metal is use, Ali to be light or stainless though would be a little more on the heavy side, only I was thinking that the heat may be too intense for Ali...

Your advise please, just order the same bag as a temp till I get more kit...

Popup

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Your Blow Pipe looks that it has a camo look, can I ask where you got this form and what metal is use, Ali to be light or stainless though would be a little more on the heavy side, only I was thinking that the heat may be too intense for Ali...

Your advise please, just order the same bag as a temp till I get more kit...

Popup

Which post are you referring to ?

If it's camo then I'll have a guess and say it's probably an old ally arrow shaft, as long as you don't actually bury it in the embers then ally will do just fine.

Welcome to the forum btw

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Response1.jpg

As Shewie says it's an old broken arrow shaft made of some alloy or such.

I used to get loads of them when I was shooting with a club but these days a lot of people are going over to carbon arrows.

Aug 16, 2011
Caterham
Hi all

Thanks Shewie, for pointing me in the right direction yep I was was wondering if it was ali.. being light

The arrow idea makes a lot of sense...

popup

Aug 16, 2011
Caterham
Just a quick one I found this a little bargin....

pipe.jpg

RRP is about £60 for one of these, this cost me 99p plus £2 postage (",) it's a little shorter than the Ali one not sure what metal but it's has a nice mouth piece.

Any view's ...

I PoPUp

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
Ok. Here we go.

Response1.jpg

Basic Snugpack Response pack with Blow poker and skewers on top. Mini carabinas on ends. Laplander saw pushed through straps at back with wrist lanyard with luminous tag on end, looped around snap buckles for security.

Couple of beta lights and photon type torches ( 1 red, 1 UV ) on zip toggle.

Response2.jpg

Opened up to see packing. All items packed in order of need and likely use.

Response3.jpg

Front pocket. From front.

Spork plastic, Lighter flints left, compass in soft case right.
KFS stainless, Mirror on right.
Krill light green, Led torch, head band holder left.
Variable led torch in case, lighter right.
Spoon knife with case behind. handwash left and commercial bug repellent right.

Response4.jpg

End pocket 1. Clockwise from top left.

Film pot full of matches wrapped with strong cord.
Tin containing abrasive rubber / carborundum blocks.
Gerber multitool with mixture of spare blades for interchangable saw in red box.
Diamond sharpening stick, DC4 and sharpening steel.
Carvin Jack with case.

Response5.jpg

End pocket 2.

Small FAK mostly plasters, new skin and blister kit. ( Superglue for emergencies. )
Sewing kit, scissors, safety and blanket pins.
Lighter.
Missing from picture (still in pocket of coat ) is a Benchmade Griptilian lock knife.

Response6.jpg

Main compartment. Clockwise from top left.

Trowel for shovel recce. Gaffa tape, plastic bags, Waylands bug stuff, Paracord and assorted string, thonging, split rings etc. Smaller blister kit in pocketable pouch. WD40 pen and rags, Ball of twine. Sharpening strop for Carvin Jack, stropping paste, peice of rubber inner tube, Star chart and sun position tables, Waterproof matchcase with compass on small dry bag containing mixture of tinders, BBQ fire lighting blocks.

This is a pack I don't generally walk about with, it's more of a camp grap bag for all those things that you want kept handy.

Awww....thanks Wayland......now that's food for thought and a possible revival of my response pak, I haven't used it for a couple of years and used to carry somilar items but not as well thought about.....even used to get a 8x4' light weight tarp in there!!

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Any fool can attach a couple of shock cords to the bottom of a bag so they can carry raincoats and such down there, however I thought folks might be interested in the solution I came up with to prevent the bottom of my bag being damaged over time by overly taut shock cords.

Ikea sell some cheap chopping boards which they call 'DRÄLLA' these can be cut to shape with a decent pair of snips or scissors.

I shaped a section of board to fit the inside base of my bag, cut four holes in the appropriate places and secured some shock cord in place with a couple of 'stopper' knots.

PB180004.JPG

PB180005.JPG

PB180006.JPG

Thats it, it will work for a response pak or indeed any other bag, the base will also protect the bag base from pointy things you might keep in there, keys and such.

:)

Last edited:

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I just got myself the Snugpak response pack, it's currently loaded with ...

FRONT COMPARTMENT
fire-steel
2oz tobacco tin - long matches + lighter
2oz tobacco tin - Tinder box of cotton/vaseline balls & fungus tinder
tiny tin of charcloth
charcloth-making tin
waterproof matches

MIDDLE COMPARTMENT
head torch
5 glowsticks
Medikit -
wet wipes
compeed
plasters
antisepic wipes
micropore tape
Glucoabs (I'm diabetic)
lip salve
eye drops & ointment

SIDE POCKET 1
small folding shovel
mirror
compass

SIDE POCKET 2
empty so far - still sorting

whistle hung on belt

kuksa hung on side

I was wearing it all afternoon as bum bag, very comfortable, didn't notice it aftedr 5 mins. Want to organise a water bottle on one side, maybe compartment but it seems a waste, tthinking about it. Still need to sort out more what I'll keep in it but it's made a massive difference to my sack already :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE