Response Pak show and tell

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

forestwalker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
The sun chart was a freebie from a photographic magazine. I'm afraid I've never seen them anywhere else.

There are sun-tables in the end of Harold Gattys "Finding Your Way Without Map or Compass". Copy, laminate and Robert is your mothers brother.

You can also go to http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/AltAz.php and construct your own.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
There are sun-tables in the end of Harold Gatty's "Finding Your Way Without Map or Compass". Copy, laminate and Robert is your mothers brother.

You can also go to http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/AltAz.php and construct your own.

They also turn up in his book "Nature is your guide", which may well be the same book.

I've never seen the other to compare it to.

Nat

Sep 4, 2007
York, North Yorkshire
Well i finally bit the bullet and invested in a Snugpak Responce Pak. I needed something small enough not to be obtrusive and yet carry enough for a walk in the woods and everyone here is to blame :lmao:

Very impressed with it. It holds a far amount and i do run the risk of cramming it full of useless rubbish.

Thanks folks for this thread and the show and tell.

D

Deleted member 4605

I've got one of those, and while they're good for the money you do get what you pay for - some of the stitching has failed with very little use.

Oh, and if you do go for those, make sure you replace the noisy zippers with paracord!

H

halo

spamel all your images have vanished :(

hellp all' it's been a long time since i posted or visited bcuk hope everone's well and having fun!!

right i been looking for better pics of one of these paks because i want one for a stalking pak for fly fishing,hehe wayland i love your tardis pak,i did a search for reviews and one of the searches was here but sadly spamels pics have dissapeared.

i've now ordered one and i'll put some pics up when it arives with my kit set up.

spamel i would love to see your set up if at all possible,anyway great thread i've missed this place:)

halo

hiho

Native
Mar 15, 2007
South Yorkshire
good good, i've taken everything out of mine and shifted its contents about. as i've been using it as my geocaching bag. which doesn't need everything in it...

hiho

Native
Mar 15, 2007
South Yorkshire
just added it to the thread. my camera is still attached to the belt, as the pouch doesn't fit over the straps. probably a 3/4 full waterbottle stuck to the other side as well :rolleyes:

hiho

Native
Mar 15, 2007
South Yorkshire
just added it to the thread. my camera is still attached to the belt, as the pouch doesn't fit over the straps. probably a 3/4 full waterbottle stuck to the other side as well :rolleyes:
and i've just noticed i've cracked the case on my camera:twak:

get the pics sorted logit?

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Looking back at the picture I put up on this thread way back when the things I carry in my response pak have changed some.

ResponsePak2009.jpg

the U-dig-it (with added buckle for security) go's on the left side on the belt and the only bits shown that go in the main pocket are the head torch and the nalgene of brown sauce. I try to keep that empty to take water, snacks or a lightweight rain jacket as required.

ATB

Tom

Nonsuch

Life Member
Sep 19, 2008
Scotland, looking at mountains
Like many, I have bodged a shoulder strap mod by twisting the belt up through the end loops, but the strap is too short. Does anyone have a smart way of converting the pack properly to a shoulder strap of good length ?

Sorry if I missed that earlier in the thread

NS

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE