Red wine on the cream carpet!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
May 16, 2011
Perth
Ok just spilled a glass of red wine on the carpet, so i ran through to the kitchen and poured a glass of water poured some salt and bicarb soda ( dunno why i though of those two just the first thing that came to my mine) started to rub it into the stain and has cleared it right up :D just though i would share it with you if you have a similar disaster

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
My mate spilt some white wine on his carpet the other night, so I told him to tip some red wine on it to cancel it out.

WoodMan

Forager
Jan 18, 2008
Norfolk
I haven't used a proper wine glass at home for years, we use heavy tumblers for everything. With two wild German Shorthaired Pointers plus clutter everywhere, I would give a wine glass about 30 seconds before it becomes a casualty! Having said that, our carpet is so old and stained that it could probably find a place on the wall of the Tate Modern! I'll take the first offer over two million quid and throw in uk delivery. Glyn.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
walking through the Tate modern 6 years ago we wondered into a room with a projection of a close shot of a stream on the wall and lots of people sat watching the looped babbling brook over and over, yet when I urinated on the wall outside they called security? I thought art was supposed to generate discussion not repression? Though I was incredibly drunk.

WoodMan

Forager
Jan 18, 2008
Norfolk
walking through the Tate modern 6 years ago we wondered into a room with a projection of a close shot of a stream on the wall and lots of people sat watching the looped babbling brook over and over, yet when I urinated on the wall outside they called security? I thought art was supposed to generate discussion not repression? Though I was incredibly drunk.

I wonder how many of the people that sat watching the steam have ever sat by a real stream!

There was one really good thing there when I went which was a map of the UK made up from OS sheets but with all the towns in the wrong places. I suppose that you had to be interested in maps to really appreiciate it.

Just to take this topic in another completely different direction.... Why is it I can spend all day hillwalking, half a night seaching the marsh in waders, run a half marathon etc and feel fine but spend a day in the city shopping or looking around museums and my legs and feet are crippled!

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
Why is it I can spend all day hillwalking, half a night seaching the marsh in waders, run a half marathon etc and feel fine but spend a day in the city shopping or looking around museums and my legs and feet are crippled!

walking on tarmac.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Ok just spilled a glass of red wine on the carpet, so i ran through to the kitchen and poured a glass of water poured some salt and bicarb soda ( dunno why i though of those two just the first thing that came to my mine) started to rub it into the stain and has cleared it right up :D just though i would share it with you if you have a similar disaster

Bugger, I spilt a glass of red wine on a cream carpet about 10 years ago. Ended up "having" to marry their daughter as compensation :)

May 16, 2011
Perth
would love wooden floors but dont think the landlord would be too happy with me ripping up the floor, i dont have money for beer at the moment so having to drink my home made wine.

spandit; sounds like a harsh bit of compensation maybe you would be better off just buying a new carped :D

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Personally - I find that if you drop a spot of the Red on a pale surface you can negate the ill effects by a liberal aplication of Champagne...Brut seems to work better than pink though......

Not Brut the kiddy deoderant/cologne you pleb!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE