ray mears knife ' out of stock'

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jamesoconnor

Nomad
Jul 19, 2005
Hamilton, lanarkshire
hi all,
when on the ray mears website, i see that all his knives are out of stock, including the wilkinson sword made woodlore knife. does anyone know when they will be available to purchase again?

regards
james

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Bardster said:
Go for the stuart marsh - sililar knife - half the price - better quality - less waiting time - you wont be disapointed :)

Has he got a website?

mbatham

jamesoconnor said:
hi all,
when on the ray mears website, i see that all his knives are out of stock, including the wilkinson sword made woodlore knife. does anyone know when they will be available to purchase again?

regards
james

Never appartently!

I have recently returned from the Woodlore Camp Craft Course (SUperb course, recommend to those who wish to know how to use, shapen and look after axes, knives and saws, O, and make saws!) and one of the instructors, Dave (Doggy accent) told us that Wilkinson Sword are to end production of ALL their knives, which means the temporary end of the woodlore knife.

dtalbot

Jan 7, 2004
Derbyshire
Go over to British Blades, any number of guys over there will make you a one off custom to your spec that is every bit as good as an AW woodie for less than the price of a WS M.

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
mbatham said:
Never appartently!

I have recently returned from the Woodlore Camp Craft Course (SUperb course, recommend to those who wish to know how to use, shapen and look after axes, knives and saws, O, and make saws!) and one of the instructors, Dave (Doggy accent) told us that Wilkinson Sword are to end production of ALL their knives, which means the temporary end of the woodlore knife.

I'd have thought they would be able to find someone else to do it. It may mean getting the blades done in one place and having the handle put on somewhere else but I really doublt they would stop making something which must make them a fair bit of money

Biddlesby

Settler
May 16, 2005
Frankfurt
Bardster said:
Go for the stuart marsh - sililar knife - half the price - better quality - less waiting time - you wont be disapointed :)

Was it you who was having problems with his Stuart Marsh? Too soft or something. What happened with that?

Tantalus

May 10, 2004
Galashiels
Northstars were on sale at EOG last time i looked

very pretty knives indeed , i have a curly maple and a curly maple mikro canadian to match, these are real using knives too

Tant

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE