raw

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jun 10, 2007
north london
Sweetbreads strange at first then moorish....honest! As for the blood and liver, well its difficult to obtain but highly nutritious albeit highly unsocial if you value your friends! (I,m just going to the toilet..glug glug chomp chomp)
Mans oldest food....I think I'm alone on this one!?

BOD

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sweetbreads strange at first then moorish....honest! As for the blood and liver, well its difficult to obtain but highly nutritious albeit highly unsocial if you value your friends! (I,m just going to the toilet..glug glug chomp chomp)
Mans oldest food....I think I'm alone on this one!?

Oh I don't know. I'd give raw blood a try as long as it did not come from a primate or a pig. Too much risk of a blood borne virus getting into me:eek:

Jun 10, 2007
north london
Could you enlarge on the blood borne virus risk? All the research I've done into the ancient human diet points to an almost total carnivore approach (we do have a very sensitive sweet tooth though so honey and rudimentary fruits would of been consumed from time to time} and as long as all flesh, blood and other parts entered the body via digestion then it was too important an energy source to ignore.
Once adapted to an exclusive meat diet not much would survive the intestine juices generated anyway, including metal if it took your fancy!
Hows Malaya at this time? July is wet windy here and has been for too long.....

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Raw meat is still eaten by the Masai tribesmen. It was shown on the Bushcraft series and they drank the blood of a freshly killed goat. Also, a Sami drank reindeer blood on that Jack Dee programme, which was entertaining as well as hilarious!

Dynamite Dan

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 19, 2007
BlackBurn, Lancashire
I sample it in small portions before cooking it,

Chicken, steak, saussages, bacon.

when i say small, im mean oxo cube sized.

I dont dislike it, but dont think i could eat a full steak raw.

BOD

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Peninsular Malaya is hot and dry at the moment ID

My understanding is that while it would normally be okay their is some risk that a blood borne virus/ disease which infects primates could easily cross to a human from a primate if the flesh / body fluids were eaten raw. For instance if you had a mouth ulcer, tummy ulcer or just if the virus was hardy and adapted to primates.

Once its in you it only has to cross a couple of cells to enter your bloodstream

This is why i would never eat monkey brains from a living monkey quite apart from being squeamish about the thought

A raw meat only diet is a bit short on fibre, though. I suppose you spend half a day on the loo every forthight, Indigenous!

Then there are all the tapeworms, flukes and nematodes, abounding in your wild meat. Even herring is considered dangerous raw. Tha's why the Dutch now have to freeze their new herring. stomach perforation is quite common with raw fish eaters.

dommyracer

Native
May 26, 2006
London
If I know where the meat comes from I'll happily eat if rare, but not a big fan of raw. It just tastes better when you cook it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE