RAW Help!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Aug 18, 2008
Derry N.I
Hi ive started shoot with raw on my 40d but i dont know how to convert them etc and upload them to flickr etc they read as CR2 files and wont show up on my computer.

Any help would be great

Thanks

Niall

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Right, you should have had a disk with the camera that has some Canon utilities and programs on it.

One of them should be Canon Digital Photo Professional (DPP) that should read the files, allow you to adjust them and then let produce a copy in a format like Tiff for editing or Jepg for the internet.

If you have Photoshop there should be a utility with that called Adobe Camera Raw that will convert them for you (It may need updating if it's an old copy.)

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Depends how you set it up I think but that sounds about right.

The important thing to know about working with raw files is that DPP doesn't actually alter the file, it just saves the instructions for how to do it.

In practical terms that means you can go back and re-do something later on and you have not damaged any of the data in the CR2 file, it's a bit like having a negative that you can print off in lots of different ways.

So the good news is you can experiment a lot with the controls and still get back to where you were when you started.

Have fun. :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE